9. rollerskating

Dominique

Even though I was stressed out about being fired from the restaurant, I still need to have a little fun in my life right?

So today Joe, some dude he met at the party, Al and I are going to the skating rink.

I was currently munching away on my breakfast omelette that Al promised me to make.  She could easily go to culinary school too, she has the skill and the money, but she's convinced that they won't accept her. It's crazy she would think that, because this omelette, oh my god.

"So are you going to take the offer from the devil?" Alana asks me while washing the dishes.

"I never thought I would say this but yes, If he still needs a cook though." I say and she simply nods understanding why I would agree to this.

I secretly wish he already found someone because I really don't know if I could make it out alive with him being my boss, but what he said to me back at the restaurant about paying me more, it keeps replaying in my head.

I sigh, I'm really getting desperate. I walk to the sink and finish up the dishes.
Then I walk to my room and change into something comfortable for rollerskating.

I always loved rollerskating, it was something Joe, Al and I did when we were younger, after that we would get so exhausted that we always stayed over at one of our houses. It was our childhood ritual, we would do that every week back then but since our lives are different now, we agreed to do this every month or atleast a sleep over.

I hear the doorbell ring as I was putting on my shoes. Alana opens it and I see Joe and a familiar guy walk in.
He walks over to Al and kisses her cheek, it's Brian.

"Al you didn't tell me he was going to be here." I smirk, after the party Alana never told me about what happend that night and what would've happend if he brought her home to the apartment. But I assume they're more than just friends.

"Yeah, you know just friends hanging out nothing special." She says and gives me a 'I will tell you everything later just don't embarrass me' look.

They walk out of the apartment and Joe and I follow, we drive to the skating rink in Joe's car, Joe driving, me beside him and Al an Brian in the back.

We arrive and see that it's pretty empty, I see a couple people already skating and some playing at the arcade, which is a good thing because that means there's more room for us to show off our skills.

We walk up to the boy who's standing behind register and get our skates.
I immediately put them on and wait for the rest to get ready. As I was waiting I see Brian looking confused.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Oh no nothing I thought I saw a friend of mine." He shrugs.

We all go to the rink and begin skating and I instantly feel the vibe as "Shape of you" by Ed Sheeran comes up.

-

Shawn

"But mom I have stuff to do." I whine to my mom who's on the other line.
I sound like a little child but she's making me take care of Aaliyah for today and don't get me wrong I love Al, but I needed to clean everything from the party.