Chapter 3- Revealations

Cara's POV

I sat in front of the marble box, by the rose bush. The house used to be where I now sat, but since it was wrecked, my parents' and brother's graves were here.

I turned the key in my hand. It was an old, iron one with some sort of symbol on the end. It looked rather like the one Ezio had on his assassin robes.

Was this really what I wanted? I had been waiting all my life for this but now the moment was finally here, I was having second thoughts. Dismissing the thought, I proceeded.

Pushing the key into the lock, I turned it. It opened with a clunk. Pulling open the lid, I saw something I recognised immediately.

Hidden blades. The kind used by Assassins. There were also some Assassin robes and a letter.

The box was watertight, and so nothing was spoiled and the letter was still legible.

Dearest Cara,
                      If you are reading this, it means you are eighteen, and we are therefore gone. I'm so sorry principessa.
I want you to join the Assassin order. It is both mine and your Mother's dying wishes. It is truly a good cause. I haven't time to explain it all, and I don't have enough paper. I want you to go and see a man called Niccolò Machiavelli at Isola Tiberina. He will tell you all you need to know.
I trust you to keep the name of Estrellas alive and burning bright.
Be brave. Go with your instinct.
We're so very proud of you, tesora.
Love always,
Mama, Papa and Vincent.

Grabbing everything in the box, I rushed behind a large tree to change. I didn't care at that stage who saw me, just that I needed to get to Isola Tiberina as soon as possible.

I felt good in the robes. The hidden blades felt extremely comfortable on my wrists, and I flicked the blades out and back in. It sounded so satisfying.

I decided to lock my clothes in the box and took the key back from the lock.

Flicking the hood up, I set off to meet Ezio.

Ezio's POV

I had been sitting here for a good 20 minutes now. I wondered if she was even going to turn up.

A sudden sight caught my immediate attention.

Guards were falling one by one. I couldn't see who was doing it, and I was getting more and more concerned as the falling guards were coming closer. A guard on the rooftop below me fell to his death. I moved to a fighting stance, ready to take on this person when a voice I didn't expect to hear caught my immediate attention.

"Looking for someone?" Cara asked. She was perched on the very top of the steeple- in Assassin robes. I stared at her in wonder: when did this happen?

She also bore hidden blades, etched intricately with the assassin symbol.

"When did this happen?" I asked, gesturing to her.

"About 20 minutes ago. Do you know where Isola Tiberina is? I need to see a man called Niccolò Machiavelli."

"Of course. One question though. Did you do that?" I pointed to the wave of corpses strung across the rooftops.

She nodded.

I wondered how she did it. Something I had took many months to master seemed to come to her so easily.

I decided to ask her later, but right now I needed to take her to Niccolò.

A/N- Another fairly short chapter, sorry! I hope you're all enjoying it and it isn't too clichè ;) I LOVE YOU ALL ~Jess :*