Chapter 17- Disaster

3 YEARS LATER

Cara/Luna's POV

"SEND FOR LUNA!"

"Miss Luna, quick!"

I hurried out of my seat and grabbed my weapons, putting them on their respective places about my person.

"What is it?"

"The Borgias, they are attacking Monterrigioni!"

Monterrigioni.

That was a place I hadn't visited in years. However, there was a place in my heart for Monterrigioni, and I would give my life to protect it.

My brotherhood rode as a pack toward Monterrigioni, and we barely stopped to breathe.

I know I said that I never wanted to see Ezio again. But that didn't mean that I didn't want him to be safe. I knew that there was a high likeliness of him being there, and that spurred me onward even faster.

The city walls were in sight, and I pulled my hood up.

The clanking of metal could be heard even from this distance, and that made me so mad.

"Miss Luna, go to the Villa de Auditore, they will be targeting there! We will take the walls."

"Okay!"

"Be safe, and buona fortuna Miss Luna!"

"Grazie!"

I pushed through the streets, which was quite the task when they were filled with reckless Borgia soldiers.

The Villa De Auditore was positively swamped. There were soldiers swarming about the place, with a large crowd of about 12 soldiers gathered at the door, trying to knock it down.

I leaped straight into the crowd of soldiers, taking two down with my blades.

"Asassini!"

I spun around, blades still out, and managed to slash the throats of two soldiers.

8 left.

I dodged a nearby blow from a brute, ducking under his sword, and slashed his stomach. The heavy armour didn't really do much.

I grabbed a guard who had his back to me and rammed my sword through his chest, coating it with a layer of thick crimson blood before kicking his corpse off the end of it.

6 left.

I shot one guard and brought my sword around to deflect a blow from another.

4 left.

I threw a knife into one man's chest, and kicked another man's shin to break his defence. I then slid my sword straight through his back. Blood was absolutely everywhere, and I could hardly move for corpses.

2 left.

I was kicked to the ground, and watched as a man, with pure lunacy in his eyes bought his sword to behind his head and went to bring it down.

I sucked in a large breath, and put my hand in front of my face. I was waiting for death.

But it never came.

A man dropped from the rooftops, and stabbed the two remaining guards through the neck.

Never had I been happier to have seen Ezio.