09 ; cardiopulmonary resuscitation

09 ➽ CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION   [UNEDITED]

"You know, that really doesn't look like something a bit of Echinacea and a good nights sleep won't fix," Stiles suggested nervously as Derek stripped himself of his shirt. Elise noted the tattoo on his back. It had three spirals that attached at a single point. She assumed it had a sort of meaning, but she wondered what. 

"When the infection reaches my heart, it'll kill me," Derek hissed, inspecting the wound on his arm. 

"That's not going to happen," Elise assured from where she stood next to Derek at the operating table. "Scott's going to get here soon."

"Well, if he doesn't," Derek muttered, his breaths coming short and sharp. He pushed away from the metal table and began rummaging around  "Last resort. 

"And what would that be?" Stiles asked.

Derek turned around, producing a bone saw in his hand. "Someone is going to cut off my arm."

"Oh," Elise breathed, before jerking her head away from the saw. "I'm gonna be sick."

"What if you bleed out?" Stiles demanded, shoving the bone saw across the table and back in Derek's direction. 

"I'll heal if it works," Derek grunted as he tied a band around his arm to slow the circulation. 

"You're actually serious," Elise noted, bracing her hand against the wall. 

"All right, Elise, it's your time to shine. All of that Grey's Anatomy you've been watching better come in handy," Stiles said, stepping aside. 

"Why me?" She demanded incredulously, turning to look at the boy. 

"Because you're the adult!"

"I'm only two years older than you!" Elise exclaimed, throwing her hands up in exhaustion, "And besides, when did turning eighteen entails cutting off someone's arm?"

"Let me put it this way," Derek hissed, training his eyes on Stiles, "Either someone cuts off my arm, or I cut off your head."

"You know, pal, I'm not really not buying these threats any-" Stiles was cut off as Derek lashed out, pulling Stiles toward him by the younger boys shirt collar. 

"Hey," Elise barked, pressing herself between them in an attempt to pry Derek's hand from Stiles' shirt. "I'll do it," she gave in, earning looks of surprise from both parties. Suddenly, Derek twisted away and vomited black blood over the floor. Elise held back a gag as she stepped away, all too aware of the specks of blood that had found their way onto her boots. "What the hell?" She demanded. 

"It's my body trying to heal itself," Derek grumbled, leaning against the metal table for support. 

"Well, it's not doing a very good job if you ask me," Stiles said, his squeamishness clear in his voice. 

"You have to do it now," Derek breathed, glancing at Elise. She hesitantly took the bone saw in her hand. 

"All right, here come eternal nightmares," she muttered under her breath as she glanced at Derek, earning a nod of encouragement in response. She hovered the bone saw just above his arm and took a deep breath. 

"What the hell are you doing?" A voice demanded from the doorway. Elise looked up to see Scott staring at the three of them with confusion written all over his face. 

"Oh, thank God," Elise muttered, letting the bone saw clatter to the table. "You just saved me from being traumatized for the rest of my life."

"Did you get it?" Derek asked. Scott dug through his pocket and produced the bullet before handing it to Derek.