18 ; damsel in defense

18 DAMSEL IN DEFENSE [UNEDITED]

"You look great!" Melissa McCall said, beaming as her daughter stepped out from her room. Elise donned a pale pink dress that ended just above her knees, with lace forming the neckline and sleeves. It was far from something Elise would have chosen for herself, but when she'd gone shopping with her mother for a dress to wear to the winter formal- a chore she usually did with Jenessa- the brightness in her mother's eyes upon showing her the dress had made it impossible for Elise to object. Once she'd actually put it on, though, Elise had to admit that the dress was beautiful.

Elise smiled back at her mother before the pair moved toward Scott's room. Technically, Scott wasn't allowed to attend the dance because of his poor grades. With Elise and Stiles' help, however, he was going to sneak in. Elise wasn't entirely sure how they would be able to pull it off, but from her understanding, they simply had to avoid Coach Finstock.

"Wow, Scott, this is really nice! How did you afford such a nice-" the sibling's mother trailed off as she held up the tuxedo jacket that had been laying on Scott's bed, exposing the several areas of its interior that had been mended with duct tape. "Oh."

"It's not going to work is it?" Scott asked nervously. He had his gaze fixed on the bathroom mirror, struggling to adjust his tie.

"No, it'll be fine. I doubt anyone will even notice," Melissa lied.

"No one legally blind, at least," Elise added, earning a chuckle from her mom and a glare from her brother.

"Just come out here and try it on, we'll see how it looks," Melissa said.

Scott loosed an exasperated sigh before trudging forward to take the coat from his mothers grasp. He shrugged it on and turned to look in the mirror. As odd as it had looked before he'd put it on, It looked perfectly fine from the outside. "I think this is going to work," Melissa grinned. She paused slightly, then ordered Scott to turn around.

It was then, that Elise noticed a very, very large tear in the back of Scott's trousers. Elise stifled a laugh, causing her brother to turn around. "What? What is it?!" Melissa gestured to the hole, earning a groan from Scott. "I don't have time for this!" he demanded, shaking his head in exasperation.

"It's fine, this is fixable," Melissa soothed. "Elise, can you go grab the sewing kit. Scott, take off your pants."

"I mean, you could just go without pants," Elise shrugged, earning another glare from Scott. "Or I'll go grab the sewing kit."

Elise sat on the bleachers, an untouched cup of punch in her hand. Scott and Stiles were both on the gym floor, dancing with the girls they were pining over. Her head pounded, though she hadn't had drank any of the punch- which she had seen Jackson and his friends spike with some sort of alcohol.

As a matter of fact, Elise's head had begun to ache the moment she'd stepped out of her car in the parking lot of the school, though it hadn't been nearly as intense then.It seemed like the closer to the crowd she moved, the stronger the pain grew. So, Elise hug on the edge of the crowd, far enough away that the pain in her skull dulled a slight amount- allowing her to think coherently- yet still close enough that she didn't look like a complete freak.

Her eyes skimmed over the teens on the dance floor, desperately trying to take her mind off of Derek Hale. She didn't even what to think about what the Argents were doing to him- probably some kind of torture. It was then that she'd spotted a familiar head of blonde curls standing half-heartedly at the edge of the dancing crowd.

Perhaps, if Elise couldn't help Derek at that moment, she could mend some other problems.