Chapter 6

Hafsah POV

We returnerd from islamiyyah some minutes after six, we ate our food and the females headed to their room to pray magrib while the males went to the masjid. I prayed in hajiya's room, after the prayer she hugged me and rubbed my head saying " Hafsah dear, your brother will soon be here to take you to his house, from today onwards u will be staying with him".

To say I was shocked is an understatement. "Hajiya to be honest i won't go with yaya, he will either shout at me or beat me". I said amidst tears. "Haba, he will neither beat you nor shout at you dear. I want you to live peacefully with his wife, kinji auta?. "No, I won't go with him".

Hajiya kept pleading with me and just then i heard his voice I stood up and ran to hajiya's room. He greeted her and she told him I she was pleading with me to stay with him but I refused. "Hafsah".He called."Na am". I answered and ran to the sitting room and got a spot close to him. "So can you tell me why you are refusing to stay in my house". "I didn't refuse yaya, infact I was just packing my clothes". "Then why are you crying?". I have no answer to that so I just kept quite. "Wipe your tears and go bid farewell to Daddy and Abba". "Toh yaya". I stood up and went to umma room.

I met umma, ummi and Abba in the sitting room. Abba was the first to notice me and he called me. "mene ne na ga idanunki da alaman kinyi kuka". "Nothing happened Abba, I just came to bid farewell, yaya is here to take me to his house". "My child we ain't forcing you, if you don't want to live with him, tell me and I will ask him to leave you". Abba said in a worried tone". "Abba I have no problem going to live there, am fine". "are you sure?". "yes abba". I nodded. "ok my child, Allah ya yi miki albarka". "Ameen Abba na". Umma and Ummi blessed me too and I headed to my daddy room.

"Assalamualaikum". "Wa alaikumusalam, daddy answered". I lay my head on his laps and started crying, he drew soothing circles on my back till the crying subsided and he said "Be patient my child, I know you don't want to leave. I really love you Hafsah, anytime I see you, you remind me of your mum. Hafsah, he's your brother, he will not harm you. I want you to be obedient to his wife, don't be rude to anyone dear. Kinji ko?". I nodded. Now wipe your tears and go, he's waiting for you outside.

I stood up and left the room. I met Hajiya, Ni'ima, Abubakar and Sudais in the sitting room. Ni'ima hugged me with tears in her eyes. Sudais and Abubakar helped me with my boxes. Ni'ma opened the front door and I entered, I buried my face in my hands and continued crying. Ya Abdulkadir entered the car, and zoom we left the compound.

The house I was born and brought up with so much love and care, now am leaving it. I continued crying. "you won't stop crying huh?". I immediately wiped my tears. After some minutes we arrived at his house he carried my bags and we entered inside. He took me straight to my room.

"This is your room hope you like it?". I shook my head in the affirmative and he left. The room is so beautiful Masha Allah. The room was painted white, my bed was white and black with a a medium sized mattress and two pillows, the wardrobe was also black and white, the dressing mirror also black and white with drawers,a red carpet and a stool in the center of the room.

 The room was painted white, my bed was white and black with a a medium sized mattress and two pillows, the wardrobe was also black and white, the dressing mirror also black and white with drawers,a red carpet and a stool in the center of the room

I lived a happy and free life in my brother's house. I get what I want, my brother always buy my usual ice cream, yoghurt and chocolate. Ya Nafisah is too lazy that she's unable to cook for Yaya. Unfortunately yaya dislikes food cooked by maids.

Nafisah POV

I was in the sitting room eating my breakfast, potatoes and fried egg and then I made a very thick and hot tea. Just then Abdulkadir walked in and sat next to me, he was wearing a three quarter trouser and white shirt with a nice scent. Hafsah rushed in because she's almost late for school.

"Yaya ina kwana, aunty ina kwana". "Lafiya hafsah". I answered but her brother never cared. She sips my tea "Aunty this tea is too thick". "It's not my fault Hafsah, it's your baby fault. "ohh, it's better for you to eat so that our baby will be very big." She rushed to the fridge and carried her usuals ice cream, yoghurt and cake. "Aunty bye am off to school". "Hafsah". Abdulkadir called her back. She immediately stopped and turned.

"Na am yaya". "Come here". She knelt down beside him. "You are going to school without eating your breakfast". "I took yoghurt, ice cream and cake, that will be enough." "So you are still with the habit of not eating ko?, what type of human being are you?, cant you survive without taking ice cream and yoghurt?.

"That's her nature, I even tried forcing her to eat and she vomited, that's why I don't force her again". "which nature are you talking about, I have never seen a person that hates food like this girl. Where is her breakfast? ". "It's in the kitchen, talatuwa please bring Hafsah food to the sitting room". Talatuwa brought the food and kept it in front of Hafsah.

"Hurry up and finish the food, and I mean everything in that plate". She carried the food and started eating with tears in her eyes. "Yaya". He glared at her, without saying a word she continued eating. "Yaya am done, bye". He waved his hands and she hurriedly left the house.

"Abdulkadir you are not treating this girl fairly, you shouldn't have forced her to eat". "what do you mean by that, she's still a child if she doesn't learn how to eat healthy food now do you think junk food will help?". "After all, she's just like you, since you also don't like eating food".

"Cook the food yourself and see if I wont eat, no matter how tasteless it is, it's better than a maid food". He touched my tummy saying "I love you baby, when will you come to the world so that I will carry you in my arms". "in the next five months"." Allah ya kawo mun shi lafiya". I lay my head on his chest "Abdulkadir will you please massage my back?". "If I massage your back then what will you do for me in return?". "Nothing". " Sorry to say but I won't do it, infact am sleepy". He tried to lay down on my laps and I pushed him away.

Hafsah returned home early because it's Thursday. "Wallahy aunty na gaji, sannu da gida, ya babynmu?". "your baby is disturbing me, it won't stop moving". "Aunty am sure the baby is hungry, feed him and he won't disturb you again". "I have eaten more than 4 times already, you think am like you that hate food". " let me quickly go to my room before yaya come and force me to eat again". She carried her bag and I laughed at her.

Happy New Year sweethearts 🎊🎊🎊. May this year bring lots of joy and happiness. Am sorry I haven't updated for a while, I was busy. I hope this chapter makes up for it. Love you all so much

Please

Vote
Comment
Share

Maryam
06 January 2017