1: Run

Narrator

All six runners got into position. The next few seconds, the stadium was filled with complete silence. She let out slow and steady breaths as she glared at the track ahead of her.

The pistol was shot and they automatically began to sprint. The crowds roared, calling out the names of whoever they were supporting.

Iseul drowned out the crowds and the athletes besides her as she continued to leap over the hurdles.

1, 2, Jump.

She chanted in her mind as her feet bounced on the tartan track. She had trained for too long for that day. She was in her best condition and there was no way she was going lose.

She charged her body forwards across the finish line and slowed her pace. She gasped for air since her lungs felt like they were going to burst. Iseul began to hear the crowds cheering again.

"MOON ISEUL! MOON ISEUL!"

Dozens of photographers circled around her, blinding her with the camera flashes.

After her heart slowed down to a normal pace, she looked up at the huge screen. Her name was right at the top. Unsurprisingly, she had won.

A bald man with bushy eyebrows jogged up to her with a towel and a water bottle, which he handed to her.

"I'm sure you were faster during our practise yesterday," joked Lee Dongsuk.

Iseul let out a snort and playfully punched him in the arm. "Coach Lee! You are too much."

"Iseul, that was such a good race. You are too good!" Cho Seyeon said, hugging her.

Seyeon was the long-time champion and record holder for the 110 metres women's hurdles in the country. She was Iseul's role model as well as someone she wished to beat.

After being congratulated by the other competitors and smiling for photos, she headed back into the changing rooms. Iseul took her time to gently take off her running shoes and placed it in it's bag. Despite those shoes being dirty and worn out, it was what she always ran in for competitions. It was a gift from her father before he left and was her lucky charm. When she was done, she met with Coach Lee and her running friends. They all began to congratulate her on her victory.

"Alright guys, I'm going to treat you all with quality Korean beef!" he hollered.

Everyone cheered with excitement, giving each other high-fives. Iseul threw an arm around her coach's shoulders.

"I'm glad you are no longer a cheapskate, Coach Lee!"

"If you all continue to race well, then I won't be one anymore."

They all nosily laughed as they left the stadium, chanting the coach's name.

Meanwhile, in another town was Jeon Jungkook. Despite it now being the afternoon, he was only eating his breakfast as a result of waking up late. Since it was his day off from work, he leisurely laid on the sofa after finishing his food and played games on his phone.

Even though he shared his apartment with a stranger, the place was a mess since neither of them seemed to understand the idea of cleaning. If his mother had saw the state he was living in, there was no way he would've gotten away with it. Thankfully, she lived back in their hometown.

He put his plate on a pile of other dishes that had been accumulating in the sink for the past couple of days. As he walked past his housemate's door, he could hear the guy murmuring to himself in a language he couldn't understand.

Jungkook shuddered at the thought of his weird housemate and went back into his room. They rarely ever talked to the point where he had long forgotten his name. There was no choice but to accept the peculiar behaviour of the guy especially since it made rent in the expensive city much cheaper.

"I should've just stayed in Busan," he sighed, sitting on his desk chair.

He proceeded to turn on his computer to play games but was disrupted by the sound of his phone ringing. After seeing the caller name, he cursed.

"Hello, boss?"

"Can you come to work, since Donghyun is sick?"

That guy is sick almost every other day.

Jungkook let out a sigh. He desperately wanted to say no.

"Yes of course, I wouldn't mind!" he lied.

Once he ended the call he flopped on his bed and screamed into his pillow. Every time someone at work needed to be replaced, Jungkook was the person they would always call. In fact, what ever the situation was, if anyone needed anything he was the first person they would go to. This was all simply because of one flaw in his personality; he couldn't say 'no'.

He stomped around the room, putting on his uniform. Before leaving, he knocked on his housemate's door. When it opened, the smell of incense took over his nostrils. The guy's room smelled like a Buddhist temple. It even looked like one due to the decorations in his room and tapestries plastered on all walls.

"Could you wash the dishes, please?" He asked, "I have to go to work."

"Sure, Jungkook!" He replied with a toothy grin.

He wanted to ask for his name but felt bad, especially since he had remembered Jungkook's.

Jungkook took his usual route to his workplace. The people around there were all wealthy, walking around in designer brands from head to toe. The rich people and the grand scale of the apartments indicated that he was close to work. As he walked through the expensive estates, some familiar residents warmly greeted him. Working amongst such glamorous people taught him that not every wealthy person was snobby, there were even a few families there whom he was close to.

He entered the lobby of the estate he worked at and rushed to the staff room along the corridor. Jungkook mentally cursed when he discovered who his work partner was. On his way there, he had desperately prayed he wouldn't have to spend the next six hours with Choi Young-Jun. It was clear to him that his prayers were not heard.

The thirty-year old man finally looked up and greeted him, his mouth full of ramen. Together they watched the sports news, not uttering a single word to one another. Jungkook frowned at the screen, trying hard to not cringe at the sound of Young-Jun obnoxiously slurping his noodles.

The news showed a replay of Iseul's race that shocked sports fans by beating the country's champion, despite her unknown status. The clip was followed by a photo of her grinning besides the defeated champion with their arms intertwined.

"At first glance, I thought she was a boy because of her short hair. Now I feel less uncomfortable thinking that she is hot," said Young Jun, laughing.

Jungkook gave him a side eye, clearly not finding it funny. Young-Jun never got the hint about how much Jungkook despised him. Despite being a married man, it didn't stop him from sneaking around behind his wife's back with other women. 

"I will be out guarding in the lobby," he said, standing up to leave. There was no way Jungkook was going to be in the same room as that guy for another second.

He let out a sigh, wondering to himself how he was going to survive the next few hours. Just then he heard small fast footsteps slapping onto the marble flooring. He was certain he knew who they belonged to. A smile began to form on his lips before he could even see who it was.

Finally something to brighten my day.

"Kookie hyung!"

A/N: Hey guyss! Here is the story featuring Jungkook the security guard who also appeared in Baby Daddy a few times. I feel like the blurb made this story sound deep af but like it's going to be pretty relaxed. If you've read Baby Daddy, you should be able to guess who his housemate is hehehe.
- Panda