7: Out of Order

Moon Iseul wheeled out of her new home and turned to make sure the door closed properly. Even though the apartment complex had high-security, she couldn't grow out of the habit of always checking the door. 

After that one time her rooftop house was raided when both her and aunt Do-yeon weren't home, it pretty much made them both paranoid about the possibility of it happening again. 

Kim Nari and her son were standing in front of the elevator. Jun looked at Iseul and they politely greeted each other. His mother let out a loud sigh, shaking her head. Iseul followed her eyes to see what had made her frown so much. There was a little poster indicating that the elevator was out of order.

Only a week had passed since she had been living in that house and already a huge struggle had surfaced. She couldn't think of any other way to get to the ground floor without sliding down the stairs on her bottom. She wasn't planning on doing that anytime soon, not for fifteen flights of stairs.

"They just want to make a pregnant woman and a wheelchair user's life difficult, don't they?"

Iseul huffed and nodded at her statement. She texted Eunbi to tell her that she wouldn't be able to meet up with them. 

"I'm just going to have to stay at home today then."

"Is there anything you would like me to get you?" asked Nari, who was wondering if grocery shopping was maybe the reason why she wanted to go out.

"Nahh, it's alright. I was only planning on meeting my friends," Iseul gave a dismissive wave of her hand. 

She pressed in her door code and went back inside as Nari and her son took the stairs. She felt a little annoyed about having her morning wasted to get ready to go out. However Eunbi had texted her back saying that they were going to come over after finishing their meal.

When Nari and Jun finally managed to reach the lobby, after shedding blood, sweat and tears for about twenty minutes. Jun ran up to Jungkook who was watching the clock, waiting to go on his break.

"Hyung! Our neighbour is stuck upstairs because she can't use the lift. Can you help her?" he clasped his hands together and pouted at the tall guard.

The first thought that came into his head, why couldn't she just take the stairs? But then he remembered it was the paralysed athlete. He tried not to sigh in front of the kid especially since he had been looking forward to his short break all morning. Choi Youngjun had heard Jun's plea and a smile crept upon his face.

"I will go and help her," he said, winking at Jungkook.

Jungkook gave him a disapproving look. The man had recently divorced his wife after being caught cheating yet he still behaved the same. Ever since the athlete had moved in, he never stopped going on about how he was interested in her. Jungkook wasn't going to let the sleazy man stay alone with the young lady, not when she was in a vulnerable position.

"No it's okay. I can go," said Jungkook, reluctantly.

He jogged towards the stairs and jumped up over every two steps for about three flight of stairs before he found himself gasping for air. When he finally arrived to Iseul's floor, he felt as if he was about to collapse. Even when Iseul opened the door to him, she contemplated on calling the hospital due to how much he was coughing. 

"Are you sure you are alright?" she asked him again.

"Yeah, I just need-" he waved his hand to do a drinking motion, "Water."

She invited him into her kitchen. She gave him a glass of cold water which he chugged down instantly, not caring that it was spilling down his neck. He wiped his mouth and let out a satisfied sigh.