20: Bouncy Castle

Narrator

For someone who enjoyed being productive, Iseul was pleased with how busy life had been getting lately. It made her get things done. Made her feel useful.

Twice a week, she went to the leisure centre to learn wheelchair basketball. Then the remaining days she was either babysitting Jun or caring for her aunt.

Aunt Do-yeon became a permanent resident at a large local hospital where she had the utmost care as a VIP patient, thanks to her wealthy boyfriend. After all those previous years of Do-yeon caring for Iseul, since her teenage years, Iseul was happy to return the favour.

However a down side of being so busy was that she didn't have much time for her friends. Eunbi spent more days in the library since the end of term exams were creeping upon her. Sora had taken her tutoring to a cram school and was now spending more time teaching teenagers who too had their exams coming up.

An interesting observation she made was how lately more of her spare time was being spent with Jungkook. She couldn't help but always think back to what James had said. It was like a curse, his words constantly whispering in the back of her mind.

It didn't help that Jungkook was being more forward with spending time with her, usually suggesting to join her when she was with Jun. She couldn't tell if it was because James was right or if Jungkook just enjoyed being around Jun. The latter made more sense.

Few weeks had passed and Jun's sixth birthday was slowly begin to near. With Iseul's busy schedue, time went by much faster. Before she knew it, the special day had arrived.

"No one actually knows his exact birth date. But today marks the sixth year since Jimin hyung found Jun," said Jungkook.

Iseul tied the purple balloon before chucking it over to Jungkook. He caught it and taped it on the wall, joining the decorations that was steadily growing.

"Makes you realise just how crazy fate is," said Iseul as she picked up another deflated balloon from the pack. "If it wasn't for Jun, Nari and Jimin probably would have never fallen in love."

"Exactly. And even though they were neighbours, they probably would never even be friends. Her best friend told me that she hated his guts when they first talked."

Iseul blew into the balloon, raising an eyebrow at Jungkook. "Really? But he is so kind! So is she, that's why they trusted us to be in their apartment right now."

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders as he focused on putting up the long banner besides the balloon he had stuck up."I guess raising a child can really change people."

Iseul inspected his work and shook her head." The banner is not straight."

Jungkook sighed. "I've been trying for a while now. It will do."

"No it will not do, Jungkook," she scolded him, "Fix it."

He laughed at her being such a perfectionist and quietly got back to attempting to fix his mistake.

Iseul let out a loud huff when she finally tied up her last balloon. She had made a terrible mistake of not buying a pump, meaning that they had to blow all of the balloons themselves. She put her head back on the sofa and closed her eyes.

A frustrated groan slipped out when realising that her job wasn't done. "I still haven't wrapped Jun's present."

"What did you get him?"

She smiled. "What do you think?"

"Something robot-y."

Iseul laughed and nodded her head. "A robot toy. What did you get him?"