9: Laces

Narrator

Jungkook hovered his thumb over the call icon. His hand had been in that same position, for the past five minutes. His lips were set on a tight line, furrowing his eyebrows at his phone. Lots of thoughts were running through his mind as he made a comprehensive pros and cons list on if he should press the button or not.

A week had passed ever since That Awesome Girl Upstairs had lended her phone number, offering to treat him with a meal. He finally had mustered some courage to start thinking about accepting her request however the courage wasn't strong enough to actually make him take some type of action.

He placed his phone on the coffee table before him and leaned forwards, his elbows on his thighs with his cheeks pressed by his two fists. He continued to look down at the phone screen that had dimmed due to not having been used for a while.

A few metres away sat his housemate, Kim Taehyung eating cup noodles. Little to Jungkook's knowledge, he had actually been observing him during his deep moment of contemplation. Once he was done with his meal, he slapped his chopsticks down on the wooden table and let out a satisfied burp. 

"What has been troubling you, my friend?" he asked Jungkook from across the room.

For the first time, he tore his eyes away from his phone and looked at Taehyung, still with the frown permanently fixated upon his expression.

"It's nothing too deep. Well at least it shouldn't be but my brain is trying to tell me otherwise."

Taehyung arched a brow as he twisted the black and white woven bracelet on his wrist. His eyes narrowed as he watched him carefully.

"The colour is brown," he said, squinting his eyes as he looked at the space around Jungkook, "I sense confusion. I can also see dark yellow and blue. Uncertainty, over-thinking."

Jungkook simply blinked.

"I have no idea what you are on about but heck yeah I am uncertain and I am most definitely over-thinking this whole situation."

"What exactly is the situation?"

Jungkook let out a sigh as he leaned back on the sofa. Taehyung stood up and joined him on another sofa.

"Someone had wanted to thank me by buying me a meal. This was like a week ago and I don't know if I should call her. What if she forgot? What if she doesn't want to treat me out anymore?"

"Then don't call her," he said with a shrug, "Simple."

"But I have a dilemma. I don't want to offend her by completely ignoring her. What if she takes my social awkwardness for arrogance?"

"Then call her?," Taehyung sighed, "Well, I'm not exactly one to be able to give you tips on how to interact with people when I'm closer to spirits."

Jungkook pulled a face at his comment. They were having one of their longest conversations yet and he was starting to feel rather uncomfortable by how weird the guy was.

"Aren't you like some kind of adviser? Therapist? You're sometimes on the phone advising people."

That made him chuckle as he shook his head.

"I'm a psychic and an astrology enthusiast."

Jungkook finally understood why the guy's room looked like some sort of temple with his countless amount of incenses and colourful charms. Maybe he would've gotten the idea if the guy wasn't so young since he had always pictured a psychic to be an elderly man with greying hair.

"I think I'm just going to call her. Or should I text?"

"It's better to call so that you can get your answer straight away and you can move on with your worrying."