Epilogue

One year later

Things continued on as normal for Iseul. After Jun and his baby sister got an actual babysitter, she gave wheelchair basketball all of her focus. She travelled around the nation with her team, playing different matches, each time getting better at the sport she had come to love. The passion she gained for basketball was the same as when she used to run.

Her running career that was once a painful memory became something she was much more fond and proud of. All those awards and photographs of her previous passion was once locked away in a cardboard box at the back of her closet. Now she frequently looked back on them, cherishing those times when running meant the entire world to her.

Aunt Do-Yeon was as strong as ever, fighting her cancer like the champion she was. According to the doctor, she certainly was showing signs of getting better. A road to recovery was the only path, the only choice, for her. No matter what pain she was going through, she always smiled and stayed positive. Iseul couldn't help but wonder if maybe that was playing a part on her improvement in health.

After a long battle against Eunbi's parents, they finally came to realisation that their child's happiness was more important than their worries about her insecure career. Now, Eunbi had booked her first stop to Australia, it was going to be the start of her tour exploring all the continents.

Unlike her other two friends, Sora never dreamed big. She was perfectly content with her quiet life, teaching as a private tutor. Other than her engagement to her long term boyfriend, not much had changed for her during the year. It seemed as though her friends were more busy with her wedding than herself. Eunbi had already designated herself as the wedding venue planner.

Jungkook on the other hand had made the most improvement. He still worked as a security guard in the estate. However, like how he had planned before, he began to create his comics and published them online. Within a few months, he garnered a strong fanbase for his works.

His unique style of cartooning caught the attention of an upcoming rapper who went by the name AGUSTD. He requested Jungkook to use his style of drawing to create him a cover for his debut album. At first, when Jungkook read the email, he was a little skeptical about the guy since he kept mentioning how he was really well known in the underground scene.

In fact, his wariness grew significantly when they met up in a cafe. It didn't help that the so-called rapper came in his chicken delivery uniform since he had just finished with work. But eventually, Jungkook agreed to being the album designer. After all, he was getting paid...Hopefully.

"Why do you keep looking at me suspiciously?" said the rapper.

Jungkook quickly looked down at his coffee.

"I'm not sure if this is a scam or not."

The rapper laughed. "It's not! Look, how about you listen to my CD. You never know, you might end up becoming my fan."

He winked as he slid the CD disk across the small table. Jungkook took it and after ten more minutes of finalising the plans, he left in a hurry. He didn't want to be late to Iseul's speech.

Eunbi was her universities alumni and representative. She invited Iseul to give an inspirational speech to the students in the course she used to do. At first, Iseul strongly refused. She didn't see herself as someone who was inspirational. It seemed rather odd to give a presentation to people who were only a few years younger than her. In the end, she agreed due to Eunbi's desperate pleads and her persuasive techniques.

"You will do fine," said Sora.

"Exactly, you are like the best person I know when it comes to public speaking," added Eunbi.