Hero

Joeys POV:

Jessica points the gun at me. I don't care if she shoots as long as Emily is safe thats all I care about. She will never hurt Emily again. I look around the chapel. Empty seats surround us. Everyone except Emily and I are on the gorund with their hands over their head's. I wish I could protect them all. I have to save Emily.

Bang!

My life shines right before my eyes.

Sawyer: NO!!!

Sawyer Jumps infront of Emily and I. He took the bullet. The cops come rushing in and capture Jessica. They take her away. I can't believe my eyes.

Emilys POV:

The shot rings in my ear I close my eyes. 

Sawyer: NO!!!

Sawyer takes the bullet. He drops to the ground. Jessica is taken away. I rush over to Sawyer.

Emily: Oh my god, Sawyer.

I grab his hand. Tears rush down my face.

Sawyer: Em, Em, Emily please don't cry. I will be alright. Just don't let go.

Emily: Thats right everything is going to be ok.

The amublance rushes in. I hold on to Sawyer's hand like he asked.

Paramedic: Miss unless you are a family memeber I am going to ask you to stay here and ride in a seprate car. 

Emily: I am his sister.

Paramedic: Fine! Get in. 

I look at Joey they close the doors. His figure slowly disapears. I will meet him there anyway. I hold on to Sawyers hand for dear life. I pray to my father. We finally arrive. they make me stop at the doors. I take a deep breath. I run my hand through my hair. I lean on the wall and slowly slide down. I hide my head in my knees. I sob. I sob like I never have befroe. Sawyer is my bestfriend. I feel like he is my brother by blood. I couldn't imagine my life without him. I finally pick myself up and sit in a chair. I watch the news. 

Reporter: Actress and Jessica Lu from the hit tv show Akward is hiding out in what seems to be a tree house. The roads from Rose Church are now blocked off keeping many people in traffic.

I see Joey's car along with are friends and familes. They won't be here for awhile. I guess it is only me. How did she find out about this? Maybe it was Megan! She told her! Speaking of the devil she comes running in.

Megan: Emily, what happened who is hurt?

Emily: You! You were in on this wuth Jessica!

Megan: What are you talking about! I was the one who called the cops! Jessica came to my house and knocked me out with a log. Then she stole my phone and read my messages.  Emily I didn't plan this I promise.

Emily: Ok, I am sorry I am just on the edge right now. Sawyer took the bullet for Joey and I. I feel horrible about it. This all my fault.

Megan: Em, Sawyer loves youas family. You keep him going in the first place. He almost killed himself Em. He told me about it. Then you called him and said you would always be there to talk. He told me that. I thought it was fishy how much he cared about you and I confronted him and them he told me about that.

Emily: Really?

Megan: Yea! Em, you are the best thing he has. You are his hero.

Emily: He is mine right now. Joey and our family and friends are held back beacuse of traffic.

Megan: I should go see if I could get them out! Will you be here okay on your own?

Emily: I will be fine. Thank you Megan.

Megan: Anytime!

I give her a hug and she runs off. A man in a white coat comes up to me.

Doctor: Are you Sawyer sister?

Emily: Yes, how is he?

Doctor: Not so well. He may need a couple transplants. His organs are damanged. Would like to see him?

Emily: Yes please!

They take me to the ICU. It seems I was here a month ago. Oh wait! I was! Thats how wonderful my luck is. I walk in and he is in rough shape. I slowly walk up to him and whisper.

Emily: I am not letting go I promise.

The doctor leaves and I pull up a chair. 

Emily: I can't thank you enough Sawyer. You are the best family memeber a girl could have. I think this was sort or a sign that I need to wait on getting married. Maybe in a couple months form now. I want you to walk me down the aisle. I am praying so hard for you. You are always there for the good and the bad. Soemtimes you are there more then Joey. You gave me a place to stay when Joey and I broke up. You have always treated me wonderfully. You were sweet when I had met you. You became a brother to me. You took me in when I had nothing left. You showed me the true meaning of family. You took a bullet for me. I can die from this but you still risked it. And I? I forgot about you for two weeks! What kind of person am I? I alway cause pain to others. Sawyer, thank you for being there and just being you. I could not ask for anybody better then you to become my brother. 

I talk to him for another couple hours. This time it was normal stuff. The nurse walks in.

Nurse: We have to take himto a C.T. scan and we need to change the sheets. Can we have you wait in the hall for about 10 minutes.

Emily: Sure.

I walk out into the hallway. I lean against the wall and once again slowly slide down. Resuming having my head in my knees. I need Joey thats all I need. 

Nurse: Can I get you anything?

Emily: No, I just need my fiance to tell me everything is going to be ok.

Joey: Everything is going to be ok.

Emily: Great! I am going insane! I am hearing his voice when he is 95 miles away. I have lost it.

I feel a hand on my shoulder.

Joey: Your not losing it. I am right here.

I look up with blurred vision. I smile. He is sitting next to me. I hug him almost knocking him over.

Emily: Your here!

Joey: I will always be here.