Crazy For You

Adeles POV

My heart skips a beat as I heard these words.

"What!" I jump off the bed, "did you check his room? The kitchen? All of our rooms? The living room? The the the windows?" I yell, running out of places of where he could be.

"Mum calm down! I'm sure he's in his playroom." Anika says seeing me start to panic. 

I race down the stairs at full speed, tripping on the bottom step.

"His playroom is.. is.. empty!" I scream, as my eyes start to water. My body starts overheating and sweat begins to run down my face.

"Mum! Ashlyn! What do we do?" Anika asks shocked running towards me.

"I don't care do whatever you guys want," Ashlyn said as she walked into the living room and turns the volume of the T.V. to the maximum.

"What the heck Ashlyn, come back!" I yell confused with Ashlyn's sudden change of behaviour.

"Mum do you want to call dad?" Anika asks.

"I doubt he will answer," I answer quietly looking at the floor.

"What? What do you mean Mum? Of course, he will answer you. When would he not ans-ohhhh I forgot about your fight." Anika quietly says.

"What? What do you mean? What fight? We didn't have a fight," I say nervously hoping she can't tell I'm lying," How did you know we- never mind...just hand me my phone." I snap, 

"Go talk to Ashlyn and get her to look for Angelo, I have to call your father." I grab my stomach as it flips and I become queasy.

 After trying to call Simon about 25 times, he finally answers. "Simon get over here right now! Come as quickly as you can, I'll explain when you get here! Hurry I need you, it's an emergency." 

Before I can start to cry, I quickly hang up the phone and run around the house. 

My eyes dart around hoping to spot my little Angelo. I start screaming and crying his name out loud even though I know he isn't gonna answer. I bend down to try to catch my breath but to my help, it only makes me breath heavier.

I tried to stay calm and tell myself this was all just a mistake. This is not happening and that I need to stop panicking. There has to be a logical explanation and my little cheerful boy will come skipping through the door to show me a bug he captured. But deep down I knew, something was terribly wrong and it was terrifying me.

***

I raced down the stairs when I heard the doorbell ring hoping it was Angelo. I clutch my hands nervously. Swinging open the door I only lock eyes with Simon. 

Oh how much I missed looking into his dark brown, handsome eyes. Quickly, I turn away and start to walk into the living room.

"Adele wait!" Simon said as he tried to grab my hand, following me into the living room.

"Dad, Angelo is missing!" Anika blurts out.

"You've said that like a million times so shut up already!" Ashlyn yells back.