The Yearbook Staff

Chapter 5- The Yearbook Staff

Lucy's POV

The bell rings twice. Finally, I think. It's about time I get to go home. Oh, wait I can't. I have that stupid yearbook staff meeting.

I see Levy walking towards me, so I wave her over. "I'm going to the yearbook staff meeting room. Want to come with?" I nod, and we start walking towards the room.

When we get there, I see Erza, Gajeel, Loke, Natsu, and a couple of other people. No one was doing any work. Everyone was just talking and having fun. "Hey guys, this is Lucy, and she's new to the yearbook staff." Levy says with a smile.

"Hey, Lucy!" Everyone shouts, and I wave to them. "This is Mute Girl. You know, the girl I was talking about!"

"Welcome to the yearbook staff, Lucy. We're like a big family. That's Mr. Justine, you already know him, and his wife is Mirajane. Elfman is Mirajane and Lisanna's brother. He's talking to the brunette, Evergreen. They say they aren't dating but..." Levy trails off.

"Anyway, the drunk one is Cana, the boy that's really young is Romeo, Lisanna is the one talking to that guy who's sticking his tounge out, that guy's name is Bixlow," Levy pauses to take a breath. "I think that's everyone you didn't know. If there's anyone you see that you don't know, tell me," Levy finishes.

"There you are, Shrimp. I've been looking for you," Gajeel says, standing in front of her.

"Gajeel!" Levy squeals.

"Let's go," Gajeel says.

"Good luck!" I whisper to Levy and wink.

"I-It's not like that, Lucy!!"

"Yeah, right!" I whisper-shout.

"Did Lucy just talk?" I hear someone say.

I cringe. Well, if I'm going to spend an hour with them once a week, they might as well know the truth. Even though I don't want them to know. Well, since I joined yearbook, Natsu promised he wouldn't tell anyone about it. So I say with a sigh,"Yes, I can talk. I'm not mute. But you can't tell ANYONE about my voice, or I WILL waste my time to kill you."

Everyone stares at me with a shocked expression.

Erza then speaks up. "Can I tell Jellal?"

"Who's that." I ask.

"He's a guy who helps out with the yearbook, and obviously likes Erza, but he won't admit it," Mirajane says with a sigh,"They REALLY need to get together."

"Sh-shut up! I don't like him!!" Erza exclaims.

"Yeah, right," everyone says.

"Sure," I say. Because at this point, I'm thinking that it really doesn't matter if everyone found out.

------------- End of the day------------

Natsu's POV

As soon as the meeting was over, I start heading over to my classroom. I forgot my pencil, and that was my lucky pencil that gave me A's on all my tests. No lie. That's why I haven't failed. Once I get to my classroom, I hear footsteps. I don't know who it is, so I hide behind the door. I see her walking down the hallway. "Her" is Lucy. She has her headphones in, and she's singing one of my favorite songs. "When I was a kid, I used to buy and sell gravity~"

I quietly sing the lyrics that come after that line. "I knew how to fly, and I would teach you for a fee~"

One thing I didn't notice was that I was sing louder than I think I was.

Lucy's POV

I heard someone singing in the classroom I was walking by. I poke my head into the class to see if I was just hearing things. Sadly, I wasn't, and I see Natsu in the class singing along. If I say the words I'm thinking of right now, I know I'll regret them. But appearantly, I'm not thinking at all because I say the words I'm thinking of.

"Want to sing with me?"