Gray's Favor

Chapter 9- Gray's Favor

Italics- Lucy

Bold-Gray

Lucy's POV

I can't skip class every day, and I don't want to leave Wendy alone at the house.

"What do you want to do, Wendy?" I ask.

"I'll go to school with Nee-san!" Wendy says enthusiastically.

"Ok, go ask the principal if you can come to class with me."

"Can you come with me? I don't want to be alone."

"Fine, I'll go with you."

"Let's go, Nee-san!"

"Ok."

We walk out of the house and start walking to school. Wendy skips ahead of me, so I'm left alone with my thoughts.

"One more thing, Wendy," I say. "I never talk at school, and I mean NEVER, so act like you've never heard my voice before."

"Why?"

"I'll tell you later, but for now, can you do what I asked?"

"Ok, but you better tell me later!"

"Ok," I say smiling.

We get to school, and someone trips me. Again.

"Nee-san, are you ok?" Wendy says rushing over to my side. I nod my head.

The students around us start whispering and pointing at us.

"Why did Mute Girl bring her sister to school?"

"Who knows. Maybe it's because Mute Girl can't stick up for herself, so she asked her little sister to stick up for her."

"That does make sense."

As I walk towards my locker, I pass by Gray. "I put a note in your locker," he whispers in my ear, and I walk away like he never said anything to me. I open my locker, and the note falls out.

"Here you go," Wendy says, picking up the slip of paper.

I open it and read it. I know what to use my favor for. Go to the bench during third and I'll meet you there.

Ok. I wonder what he'll ask for. I already have an idea of what it would be. Probably something to do with Juvia.

-------------Third period--------------

Gray's POV

I wait for Lucy at the bench. I don't wait long before she shows up with a kid by her side. I wonder who the kid is. Her sister? "Hey," I say.

No one's around, so she says, "Sup,"

"I want to use my favor," I start. "Is it for Juvia?" intrrupts Lucy.

"How did you know?"

"I don't know exactly what you want, but I figured it had something to do with Juvia."

"I want to ask if you could help me confess."

"Ok," Lucy says. "Hey, how long have you known her?"

"Well, I'm eighteen, so... three years."

"Ok, let's start. She's not going to wait forever for you. So let's get started on the basics."

Third person POV

Lucy is pretending to be Juvia, and Gray is confessing.

"I've liked you for a while now, and I was wondering... will you go out with me?"

"Yes, I would love to!!" Lucy squeals.

Juvia is just passing by, and she overhears this. She tries to hold back her sobs, and runs to the bathroom. There, she sobs freely.

"Imagine if someone heard us right now!" Lucy exclaims.

Gray snickers, "They would totally misunderstand!"

"Well, if you're going to confess, you should probably tomorrow."

"What?!!"

"The sooner, the better!" Lucy says with a knowing look.

"Good luck, Gray!"

"Thanks for helping me, Lucy."

"Thank me once Juvia says yes."

"See you later."

"Yeah, yeah whatever."

Levy then comes running up to Lucy. "You knew Juvia likes Gray, so why'd you agree to go out with him?!!!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Juvia came crying up to me about it!"

"I like Gray like a brother, not like a boyfriend!"

"Then why did Juvia come crying to me that you agreed to go out with him?!"

Lucy starts laughing, and she laughs so hard that she starts crying. "Oh... my... gosh!" She says between giggles. "Someone actually heard us!"

Levy's jaw drops to the ground. "Why are you laughing then? I thought you cared about your friends! I guess I was wrong!" She says and storms away towards where Juvia is.

Lucy's POV

How could it have turned out this way? I pull out my phone and start texting Gray.

gray we have a problem

wut is it

juvia heard u say that u wanted to date me and i said yes

r u serious

sadly yes

wut am i going to do lucy

ur going to confess to her but not before i tell her the truth

anyone else kno

levy does and she might tell other people but hopefully ill clear it up before then

u better cuz u said u can do ANY favor

that includes this one

yea i kno i said ill clear it up

u said hopefully

wutever

"You heard the whole thing, didn't you, Wendy?" Lucy asks suddenly.

"Yeah, I did."

"How do you think I should clear up this mess?"