New Kid

Chapter 2- New Kid

Natsu's POV

What the hell? I think as I see all the texts Gray is sending me. What's this thing about "Mute Girl"? Oh, well I'm transferring to his school tomorrow anyways, so I'll ask him then.

----------------next day---------------

Lucy's POV

I didn't want to go to school today because I was afraid of what Gray might do. He's a pretty popular guy, so I'm pretty sure he told everyone in the school about my voice. But then again, who would believe that Mute Girl was able to talk?

As soon as I got to the classroom, I sat down at my usual seat near the window. The white board was in the front of the room, the door was in the back, and the window was close to the door. The seats were arranged in pairs, and no one sat next to me because you might "catch my muteness". As if you could do that. While everyone was walking into the classroom, I saw something that was pretty shocking. I saw a guy with pink hair walk in. PINK HAIR!!!! Can you believe that? He walked to the front of the room, and the teacher started to introduce him.

"Class, this is a new student," Mr. Justine said, "Why don't we welcome him?"

"Hi, my name is Natsu Dragneel, nice to meet you guys."

"Yeah, nice to meet everyone except for Mute Girl," some kids in my class snickered, but not loud enough for Mr. Justine to hear them.

"Well, sit anywhere you want to, Natsu."

He grabs his backpack and looks my way. Wait. He looks MY WAY?? I silently groan. Of all the people he could've sat next to, he chose me?!!! Why me?

"What's your name?" He asks, and I sit there staring at him. I still couldn't get over the fact that he sat next to me, and that he had pink hair.

"Uh, hello? Are you deaf or something? I asked you what your name was."

"Oh, Natsu, she's not going to answer you because she's mute," someone tells him in a mocking tone.

"Oh, okay then."

I write my name on a piece of paper and slide it towards him.

"Oh!! Is that your name? I like it!"

I can't believe it. He was the first student to actually learn my name! Maybe he really isn't as bad as some of the other kids. Maybe he won't bully me. He seemed pretty cool. But then again, he was kind of cute in girl terms, so I probably shouldn't get to know him very well. That's because the girls would pick on me after school, or whatever. As I was thinking these thoughts, I didn't notice him staring at me until he was inches away from my face.

"Hey, are you okay? You keep staring. What are you staring at?" Natsu asks. And yes, I do know his name. Stiffiling a scream, I write, "don't you DARE scare me like that!!"

He laughs and says "Sorry!! I didn't mean to scare you."

As I look around looking at everywhere but him, I notice all my classmates staring at us. The teacher was still teaching, but no one was listening to him. Everyone was staring at us probably because a hot guy (girl terms, not my words) was talking to Mute Girl.

A little while later, the bell rang twice, signaling the end of class.

"I hope you took good notes today, because we're having a quiz over this tomorrow!" Mr. Justine says with a smile. I swear, he loves giving out tests.

Gray's POV

It turned out that I was in Natsu's homeroom class. I saw him glance around the room, stare at Mute Girl, and went down to go sit next to her. I wondered why. Ohhhhh, the reason he sat next other might've been because I literally texted him all night about how Mute Girl could sing. As I walk down the hallway, I see Natsu walking towards me.

"Dude!! Why didn't you tell me about how there was a mute girl in our grade???"

"Tha-" I cut myself off, "Come with me real quick,"

"Why?"

"I need to tell you something, you idiot! There's a reason why I'm telling you to come with me!!"

"What's that, Ice Freak? I can't hear you because I DON'T UNDERSTAND STUPID!!!"

"Oh? You want to go, flame brain?"

"Yeah!!! I do want to fight, 'cuz I know I'm gonna win!"

"Not this time!!"

Everyone was looking at us like we were crazy. Probably because flame brain, a.k.a. Natsu is screaming like a maniac. I wasn't yelling, though. I was just using an unusually loud voice. And the nicknames come from the types of foods we like. Natsu likes extremely spicy foods, while I like cold foods, like ice cream.

We walk outside the school, and start to battle it out with fists. That is, until a redhead walked between us and punched both of us in the head.

This girl, though, isn't your regular redhead. She literally had flaming red hair. And she had the nerve to punch both of us, which not a lot of people have.

"Why are you boys punching each other? I thought you guys were friends!" Erza, the redhead exclaimes.

"Y-yeah!! We're best buddies aren't we, Gray!!" Natsu stutters.

"Yep, that's right Natsu, we're best friends!" I quickly chirp my reply.

"Oh yeah, I just remembered why I brought you out here!"

"Why?" Natsu asks, actually sounding interested for once.

"Erza, since you're here you can listen, too."

I take out my iPhone, and take out the headphones. "Here it is!" I hit play, and I show them Mute Girl walking down the hallway and singing.

"Wow. I always thought Mute Girl couldn't talk. Apearantly she can, and she has an amazing voice!" Erza exclaims.

"Why do you guys call her Mute Girl? Her name is Luigi," Natsu says.

"Who in there right mind would name their daughter Luigi?" I ask.

"Well, it's better than calling her Mute Girl!" Natsu says.

"Yeah, that's true," Erza and I agree.

Just then the bell rings twice, meaning that class was over.

Erza's POV

As soon as the bell rang, I realized that we had missed a whole class period. That's the first time I have EVER skipped class. "Gray, Natsu! You guys made me miss 2nd period! For that I'm going to punish you by making you watch 3 sappy romance movies!!!"

"Noooooo!" The boys exclaim.

"Oh? Do I hear a complaint?" I ask. It is SO fun to tease the two of them! They don't realize I'm teasing them, and that makes it funny. I start thinking about the clip that Gray showed me and Natsu. It's not every day that you hear an angel sing. That's what it sounded like to me when Mute Girl sang. Or was her name Luigi? Or was it something else? I'll get her name when we go back to class. I think she's in one of my classes, but I'm not sure. She's always so quiet! Oh, well, duh. She's mute! Speaking of class, I need to go to class. I've already missed one class because of a pair of retards. I really need to talk to Mute Girl/Luigi.