Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Lucy's POV

With Wendy on my back, I'm getting tired pretty quickly. As we near my house, I hear a series of bangs coming from inside.

"Here that?" Dan whispers.

"No shit, I heard it!" I say back.

"Shut up! If you talk too loud he'll run away."

"Why is it a he? What if it's a she?" I ask.

"What, ever."

I just sigh and turn back to the house. The curtains aren't closed, so I can see everything that's going inside. The person passed by the window. The guy looked around a teenager, and the light caught the color of his hair. Pink. I know who it is now.

I sigh and turn to look at Dan.

"It'll be fine. I know the guy."

"Who is he? And why are you friends with a robber? Particularly one robbing you?!" Dan says hysterically.

"Relax. He's probably looking for food. And he's this guy named Natsu. He's in the same club as me."

"Does he know your secret?"

"Yeah. I didn't willingly tell him though," I say and walk towards the house. Dan runs after me with all of his bags in his hands.

"Wait for me!"

I sigh and roll my eyes. I shift Wendy in my arms before stopping at the door.

"Open the door," I say to Dan.

He sighs heavily and puts his bags down on the porch. He twists the doorknob and pushes the door open. The sight of a knocked out Natsu greets us.

Then I look up to see Erza smiling down at me. "Sorry about coming in when no one was home. Natsu told me you had strawberry cake. I couldn't resist."

"Oh no, you're okay," I say. "But what's Natsu doing here?"

"He helped me open the window."

"Did you break it?"

"No, we just found an unlocked window."

"Lucy? Is that you?" Gray asks, popping his head out from the doorway.

"What are you doing here?"

"I had nothing else better to do."

"Did you find any cake?" I ask Erza.

"Yeah, but it wasn't strawberry, so I went and bought one but Natsu stepped on it while fighting with Gray."

One thing I've learned about Erza. Never touch her strawberry cake.

Natsu suddenly sits up and blinks.

"Ouch. That hurt."

"That's what you get for lying to me." Erza says cooly.

"Can I put my stuff down now?" Dan whines.

"Yeah, go ahead."

He drops his bags on the floor and lets out a sigh.

"Finally! I've been dying over here!"
Yeah fucking right.

I set Wendy down on the couch. She stirs but doesn't wake up.

Natsu stands up and looks at me pleadingly and says, "Please don't let Erza kill me."
"Why?"

"It was Gray's fault! He knocked me into Erza and the cake fell onto the floor. Then I stepped on it!"

"You and Gray were both fighting. It's both your faults."

Natsu pouts and gives me puppy eyes.
"That doesn't work on me," I say as I walk past him to go upstairs. I lie down on my bed and take out my phone. I mess around for a bit until I fall asleep.

---

When I wake up, it's already 9:00. Dammit, I'm late for classes. Oh, well. I go downstairs to get breakfast. Wendy's still sleeping on the couch and I glance around. There's no sign of anyone else. They probably already went to school. I make myself a bowl of cereal and go back to my room.

---

I slowly open my eyes. I probably fell asleep while reading. I walk downstairs with an empty bowl and spoon in my hand. Wendy is awake and watching TV.

"Want anything to eat?" I ask her.

"No, I've already eaten."

I put my bowl in the sink and run my fingers through my hair.

"What do you want to do, Wendy?" I ask. I'm just so bored and I need something to do.

"Can we go out to eat?" Natsu says suddenly popping out from behind a couch. Where did he come from?! I thought everyone had gone to school.

"Were you here this whole time?" I ask him.

"Yup! Me and Wendy were just talking and watching TV."

"Well, seeing that I just ate, no we're not going out."

"But I'm reeeeeeeally hungry!"

"Go by yourself if you're that hungry."

"But Luceeeeee!"

"If I eat, will you pay?"

"Sure."

"Then I'm in. Wanna come with, Wendy?"

"No, thanks."

---

"Sugar
Yes, please
Won't you come and put it down on me?
I'm right here,
'cause I need
Little love and little sympathy."

This the twentieth time I've heard this stupid song!

"Can I please change the station?!" I say to Natsu.

"No!" he exclaims, pouting.

"I'm the one driving."

"It's my car!"

"UGHHHHH," I say rolling my eyes. I'm so done with this.

"Where are we even headed?" Natsu asks me.

"I don't know. I'm just driving around."

"Just pull over at the next McDonald's," Natsu says.

Can't go wrong with McDonald's. Yessss. There's one right there. I pull up into the drive-thru window thingy and have some bratty bitch say, "This is McDonald's, whatcha want?"

I want your attitude to change. "Can I get a strawberry shake and... What do you want Natsu?"

"I want a Big Mac with a large fry. And I want double bacon cheese burger."
"Anythin' else?" Bitch asks.

"No."

"Ok,"

I drive to the window and wait for my food to come.

The window opens and a spray taned arm comes into view with hella long nails.
"Here ya go, ya total's 5.20."

I look over Natsu and say, "Where's the money?"

"Um. I may or may not have forgotten it."

"Oh my god, Natsu. You offer to pay and forget the goddamn money."

"Sorry! I'll pay you back, ok?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," I say as I pull out a 10.

"Here."

"OH MY GOD. Are you Mute Girl?" Bitch asks me.

"Uh, yeah," That's weird. How the fuck does she know my nickname?

"Oh, wait until I tell my friends about this! Mute Girl can talk?!"
------------
A/N: You guys probably forgot about this this fic, but NO. I'm back, and you won't have to wait as long for updates. (Cause that was a hella long wait.)