The Date

Chapter 23- The Date

Lucy's POV

Erza's already pretty as is, so she doesn't need much make up. I just put on a light pink blush and green eyeshadow so her brown eyes will pop.

For her hair, I curl it and pin her bangs up with some jeweled bobby pins. After that, I had her put on the clothes for the date.

Now for accessories. I look through all of the ones Mira brought. Damn, there's a lot. I pick a necklace with a silver chain and a star outlined in blue gems.

"Wait here. I'm going to get the girls."

I knock on the door where all the squealing was coming from. The door opened, and it reveals Levy.

"Done," I say, and Levy yells,"Come on! Lu-chan's done!"

The girls all run out of that room and into the room where Erza and Wendy are.

"Whoa! Looking hot!" Cana says, and the rest of them nod in agreement.

"Scale of one to ten. Ten is the best."

"Eleven."

"Ten."

"The awesomeness of this look can't be put on the scale."

"Is it really that good?" I ask. I thought I did well enough, but not good enough to get that kind of reaction.

"Yeah," everyone says.

"What time is it now?" I ask.

"It's around 11:00 now," Wendy answers.

"Well, now that you have everything on, you're going to have to take it off again," I point out.

Erza scrunches her nose. "You do all my make up and stuff only for me to take it off."

"The world is an odd place," I say.

-------------------------------

Mira's POV

Yessss! It's about time Erza and Jellal get together! I'm so happy for the two of them!

"Hey, we're back!" Natsu exclaims after walking into the room were all in.

"I can tell!" Lucy shouts back.

Those two are so perfect for each other! Natsu's rowdiness and Lucy's calm, sensible personality balance each other out. If only they would just become more than friends.

I just had the perfect idea! What if my favor for Lucy were to get all of my couples together? That would be so perfect! Why didn't I think of this before?

Natsu's POV

Mira's staring at me with hearts in her eyes and it's creeping the shit out of me. She's probably thinking of something really weird. I'm getting kind of bored now, so I ask, "Does anyone want to go to the beach with me?"

Everyone answers me with a yes.

--------------------------------

Erza's POV

I'm so nervous and scared. Jellal's coming in twenty minutes or so and What if I do something wrong? What if he thinks I'm ugly? Lucy already texted Jellal all the details for the date. How she got his number, I don't know.

"Hey Erza, you ok? You've been staring at the wall for a while now," Lucy asks.

"Just nervous and freaked out."

"Well, this is your first date with the guy you like, so make it memorable for all the right reasons."

"Thanks," I say, although the words that have little effect on my jitteriness.

"Ok, now go outside and wait for him at the front of the hotel. I texted him saying you would be there. Good luck!" Lucy says and shoos me out.

I nervously walk down the hall and into the elevator. Oh God. I just want to scream. My heart's pounding and I'm blushing so hard I blend in with my hair.

Lucy's POV

Does Erza really think that I'm going to not watch her on her date? I'm going to be a ninja and follow her. Not stalker. Ninja. Levy wanted to come with me, but she said something about Gajeel, so it's going to be me, Mira, Bisca, Wendy, Juvia, Lisanna, and Evergreen.

She gets into the elevator, and as soon as she does, I call out, "Hey guys! She left!"

All the girls come out, and when we're sure that Erza has left the elevator, we pust the button for the elevator and when it gets here, we all get on.

----------------------------

Jellal was there by the time we got to where Erza was. Jellal says something to her, and she blushes and looks at her shoes. They start walking to the park, so we start creeping behind trees watching them. I thought it would be kind of awkward, but it's not. They were holding hands and from time to time, Erza would laugh at something Jellal had said.

The two of them of them got to the park where the picnic that Jellal had set up was.

----------------------------

Instead of going back to the hotel like I thought they were going to do, they walk to the beach where there were two beach towels laid out. They lay down on them, and they look up at the stars. I decide this is where they have their private moments so I gesture to the other girls that we were going to go back to the hotel.