Pep Talks, Lots and Lots of Pep Talks.

I had just finished eating when Coulson came. 

    "How are you doing?" He asked.

"Fine, I guess," I mumbled, not looking at him. 

    "The team made it to the missle silo alright. Just thought I'd let you know."

"Thanks. Do you really think they can get Hive?"

   "I hope so. I'll try to keep you updated. And I'm sorry that we have to keep you in here for now. It won't be permanent." I bit my lip.

"It should be. I don't deserve to be let out of here." Coulson sighed.

    "You couldn't help what you were doing. You had no choice."

"I still did it! I almost killed May! I don't deserve to be forgiven." 

    "I know you feel like this now, but give yourself time. Everything will be fine."

Sure. Keep telling yourself that, I thought. We were silent for a few moments, then I spoke again.

"Is Daisy ok?" I asked.

    "She'll be fine."

"Can I see her?"

    "I don't think now is the best time. I need to go now, but when we get an update about the mission, I'll let you know." 

 I nodded, and he left. 

  I missed her. If she was feeling the same way I was, I wanted to comfort her, but I couldn't. I couldn't do anything. I was useless. 

*******

I was asleep when I heard a knock on the glass of the containment module. 

  I looked up and saw Mack, except he wasn't standing behind the glass anymore, he had opened the door and was entering the room. 

  I looked back down.

   "We got him. We got Hive," he said.

"Good," I said quietly. "Thanks for telling me. You can go now. Plus, you aren't supposed to be in here."

   "I don't really care about those protocols."

"Suit yourself, but you really shouldn't be in here." He walked over to me and sat down on the bed. I sighed.

  "Why are you even here? You already told me about Hive. You can go," I said.

"Can't I visit my friend?" He asked, and I bit my lip.

     "Why would you even still want to be my friend?" I asked quietly. "I don't deserve to be forgiven."

"Why not? You didn't do anything. That was Hive's fault, not yours."

   "I know that! It- it's just that I promised myself I would never hurt anyone that I cared about ever again. I failed!"

 I began to sob, than I felt him put his hand on my shoulder. 

   Finally, I looked up and actually met his gaze. He pulled me into a hug, and I continued to sob.

"It's ok," he said, trying to comfort me. I closed my eyes, wishing that Hive had never existed. 

    Eventually, I stopped crying and Mack let me go. I smiled slightly, then I looked back down.

  "Thank you Mack," I said quietly. He smiled.

 "You're welcome. I hate to leave, but I still need to give your sister the good news," he replied and stood up.

  I nodded, not really wanting him to leave but I also knew he needed to comfort my sister.