8. New Beginnings

EIRA

Today, my first day at university. Today was going to be my day. I could feel it. Today, I would become a new person. Today, I would start my life, Today I would live for my self, Today I would try to change my self.

I had been accepted into such a prestigious program, and being a part of one of the biggest educational institutions in the middle east was like a dream.

I walked inside the enormous building, slightly intimidated but still very much excited. I moved across the hall way and glanced at the notice board.

Psychology 1 - Seminar Hall. 7th Floor.

I fastened my steps and walked as fast as I could not bothering to look anywhere.

"Move."

"Move."

"Oh Sorry." I muttered apologies as I collided with a few students.

I moved past a few people and stumbled into the elevator, pushing a black haired tan girl onto the ground.

"Shit! Ow!"

"Oh my God, I am so sorry-I wasn't looking." I apologised profusely helping the girl stand up.

She shook her head, patting her thighs and leaning against the elevator wall.

"It's not your fault, my day has been shitty."

"I'm sorry, I made it shittier." I chuckled and she smiled at me, her eyes twinkling.

"Yaar, kya bakwas hai." I mumbled pushing the elevator button.

Why was it so freaking slow? Just why!

I had to be there on time.

"Pakistani?" The girl asked me, looking up from her phone.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"I know my neighbours." She muttered and it clicked my mind.

"Indian?" I guessed and she nodded.

"I'm Divya." She introduced herself. I shook my hand with her.

"Eira." I told her my name.

"That's a really nice name, do you live in the hostel?" She complimented and then asked me a question.

"No, I live with my family." I responded, tucking a strand of my hair back from my ear.

"Lucky."

"You live at the hostel?" I questioned.

"Yes, and my roommate is a bitch!" She exclaimed running her hand through her hair.

She seemed so blunt and friendly.

Some thing about her reminded me of Reem, I missed her dearly.

"I'm sorry about that." I said laughing.

"Nah, it's okay-" She playfully answered.

We stayed quite for a few seconds as she snapped a few selfies.

Which reminds me, I have to snapchat a few pictures too.

"You're in-?" She questioned, finally putting her phone in the back pocket.

"Psychology 1, what about you?"

"Girl! Same."

"Cool-umm shall we go then." I suggested as the elevator door finally opened and we both walked side by side.

"Give me your facebook after the class ends." She chuckled saying this and I laughed nodding my head.

And we entered the seminar hall together.