24. Not in love

______________________________________

VIRAT

As I yawned and heard the door of my suite open, the last remnants of a dream were being chased away by the realisation that the morning has begun and it was time for me to get up.

I heard Mahi bhai's voice, snapping me out of my dreams and sleepiness.

"Virat! Virat! Wake up, man." He said out loudly and I yawned peeking at him.

"What is it? We don't have practice for about two hours." I questioned and let out a groan before falling back on the bed.

"Uth ja, I saw her." He mumbled and my I frowned at him in confusion.

"Saw who?" I mumbled and let out another yawn. I really needed to get up and shower.

"Teri Eira! She just arrived." Mahi bhai told me and my eyes widened, I got up from the bed quickly, looking at him.

"What the hell! Where'd you see her?" I questioned, now standing face to face with the ex captain and a mentor.

"I went to congratulate Farhan and she was there, hugging him. She saw me and the look on her face was so legendary." He explained and I nodded understanding.

Eira had told me she'd be arriving in Auckland but I didn't know she had arrived in the morning, well kind of.

"Tune bataya tha usko ke Mujhe pata hai?"

"Haan, I think." I murmured as I opened my bag and took out a plain shirt, I had to take a shower in a while.

"That's why she acted so freaked out. Must've thought I'd say something."

"You didn't say anything haina? " I asked him knowing Eira would get into trouble if Farhan came to know of anything.

That anything being our friendship and unresolved feelings for each other.

"Just teased her a little. Adorable hai."

He commented and I chuckled. She was adorable after all, she would ramble when she got nervous, and make weird faces just because she couldn't understand something. She would act so blunt at times and yet would get shy as fuck. Eira was something.

"I have to talk to her." I stated. I needed to get this out of my system, I needed to get answers and form a meaning out of these feelings that had my mind tangled.

"About what?" He interrogated.

"About us. There's feelings between us." I told him with a sigh.

He let out a breath as If he knew this had to happen. I looked at him...waiting for him to say something.

"Pyaar karta hai tu us say?" He asked me seriously

"I'm very much attracted."

"But not in love.." He acknowledged.

"Bhai, itni jaldi love nahi hota." I said to him.

It was true though, you could get infatuated and attracted but love needed time. I guess. Or maybe it took minutes or years, depending on the person.

"But it can happen in the future right?"

"I think so.."

"This won't end well.." He shook his head disapproving knowing that I was going to get into some deep shit.

"I know." I mumbled.

"But when has that stopped me?"

I said and entered into the shower.