35. Confrontation

.

______________________________________

EIRA

What is the truth? Is it something that is necessary for others to know? Is the truth that important even though people are better off without knowing it?

Most of the times it's the truth that will change your life, that would change people's perception of you. The truth that can either brighten your dark world, or the truth that can stop all the light from entering your life,

Sometimes it's the truth that's a long time coming. Or the truth that you prayed would never come across anyone, the truth that would break everything.

But some things are inevitable, they are bound to happen at some point.

Right?

I knew this day would come, sooner rather than later. I knew I would have to face the wrath of the ones that I love, for some thing that felt so right..but maybe it was wrong.

I saw my brother lifting his head up..his eyes were red, filled with rage..The last time I had seen him this angry was when he came to know my sister in law had been taking birth control to avoid having a baby. He didn't look at her for months.

But this was bad. Really bad.

"Bhai, I-" I stuttered. What could I possibly say to him? I'm sorry I didn't follow the rules you had set?

You set me free and I took advantage of that freedom? You told me to stay in my limits and I crossed them?

Did I know all this? Yes.

Did I regret it? No.

How could I regret the one thing that made me so happy?

You know when there's a fine line between halal and haraam? The line where you don't know what you did is a sin or not? I think I was at that point!

Farhan bhai said nothing, he was as angry as Asher bhai. I knew that, but I also knew that his anger was the silent one. His silent treatment was worse than Asher bhai's yelling.

"Here's how this is going to go.." He gritted out.

"You are going to tell me every single thing. And if you skip out any detail, the results would not be good. Do you understand me?!" He yelled out every word with such rage that even my mother looked scared. For me.

"Bhai..please-I-" I hesitated. He, how ever looked much more angry.

I had never felt so damn terrified in my entire life but at this moment.

Desi family finding out that their girl has an affair with a man, isn't some thing normal, is it? And that too, an Indian, a Hindu.

"Now Eira!" He yelled and I flinched at the tone.

"I-we, I'm sorry." I blurted out.

What could I have told him though? Can you blame me! What does he want to know? How we met? Where we met?

"I swear to Allah, If you don't tell me...." He screamed at me again with a warning.

I looked at my mother for help but she looked away. She was the one that read all my messages, the one that actually told it all to both my brothers instead of talking to me. Why was she feeling bad now?

As if the timing was freaking perfect, I head a certain ring. My cell phone started ringing loudly in my jean pocket and as I tried to switch it off bhai snatched the phone away from me.