31. Here he was

x

______________________________________

EIRA

I had a life before Virat. A life that consisted of family and friends, a life where I wasn't stepping on stones every day, a life where I had no worries, but also a life that felt a little incomplete.

A life that was carefree, and a life that didn't make me feel guilty.

Being with Virat made me feel guilty and happy at the same time.

I was at the fine line between haraam and halal as I inhaled his scent, my arms tightened around his, and he did the same.

I could literally hear my heart beating loud and fast, my cheeks flushed and my breathing a little uneven.

Virat could feel my nerves too, but I had missed him, and this was a hug filled with longing and nostalgia.

"Thank you for surprising me like this." I said.

Virat had surprised me at four in the morning. He had sent me a bunch of texts as I was offering my fajar prayer.

After our heart filled conversation about falling in love with each other three weeks ago, he had been trying hard to find a way to fit a visit to Dubai in his busy schedule.

I hadn't forced him to come as soon as he could, but I had whined alot about how I missed him dearly.

And here he was.

I couldn't contain my excitement, I couldn't sleep knowing I would be meeting Virat, I was lucky it was the weekend..therefore as soon as I woke up, I faked about how I had to go for a project with the group, and came here.

I hated lying to aapi, and everyone else for that matter. But my happiness was based on these lies.

So I put all the negative thoughts away and only focused on one simple person, Virat.

"Your hugs are really warm. You know?" I told him and he smiled.

"And yours are really soft." He shot back. I gasped and my eyes widened before I smacked his arm.

"Pervert!" I exclaimed and he laughed at me.

"Acha Acha Sorry, chal ab. I have alot of things prepared for us." He told me and my eyes widened but a smile was still spread on my face.

"You have? Like?"

"Like, we are going to watch a movie first, spend some time close to each other, then tonight I'm taking you out on a date-" He told me.

A date? The only date I had ever been on was when I sneaked out of the college and had coffee with a cute guy in my class.

It resulted in me paying the bill because he had no money.

"A date? But Virat you-"

"I know, which is why I arranged it on the hotel roof. Just you and me, no one else. Sounds good?" He informed me and I nodded but a confused look was still portrayed on my face.

"Just one little problem?"

"That is?"

"I'm not dressed for a date-" I whined and told him.

I was very particular about what I wore, I guess that was the Lahori in me.

You could die out of hunger and live in poverty but you still had to dress well if you lived in Lahore. It was our city of fashion.