42. Engagement

@Virat.Kohli : Let's get the party started

Kohli : Let's get the party started

VIRAT

Deep in my thoughts, I was completely oblivious to the people around me, my mother was telling the others to hurry up, while I was just spraying cologne all over myself when I got out of the car.

This was my fourth trip to Dubai in just two months.

My sister who had yet to meet Eira was extremely excited, and so were the other members of my family. Aarav was the most excited of them all, happy that I had found a chachi for him.

I was nervous as fuck today, some thing I had never experienced before. I didn't know whether I was nervous about the fact that I took decisions solely based on what my heart told me to do, or due to the fact that today, Eira's name would be attached to mine formally, well..for me atleast.

We finally reached the private hall that Farhan had booked, and got out of our respective cars. It had been extremely hard to keep this whole thing private, I didn't know how it managed to not get leaked..yet.

"Chalein?" Maa questioned me and I nodded, as everyone trailed behind me and my mother.

We walked towards the hall and got welcomed by Eira's family. Eira had sent me so many fucking pictures every day that I recognised them all instantly, I guess that is what she had wanted me to do.

Eira's elder brother stood in the corner, a frown on his face..he wasn't happy being a part of this and Eira had already told me he didn't agree completely to the engagement.

Beside him was stood a woman and a child, that were Eira's sister in law and nephew. She had a soft smile and a soft appreciate look.

I looked towards Farhan who nodded at me, and came forward greeting every member of my family, I introduced them all to him and the others.

I, then took steps and met Eira's mother greeting her respectfully, she politely greeted me back and even complimented me.

Everything at this point, looked normal. It didn't even look like we were people of different casts or people of different religion. It seemed casual and familiar.

After getting finished off with the pleasantries, we finally entered the hall.

My eyes clung to the image that was in front of me, on a small round stage was sat Eira, I concentrated on the familiar pair of brown eyes that I loved and then I gaped at her.

She looked breathtakingly beautiful in an amazingly gorgeous dress, I couldn't take my eyes away from her.