46. Argument

TODAY, A LIL GLIMPSE OF ARROGANT VIRAT! ❤❤ Vote and comment xx

---

@InstantBolly : Virat Kohli's Pakistani fiance bashes designer Ritika Shah on twitter. Immaturity or a way to seek more attention?

EIRA

Tick, tock, Tick, Tock..

The clock was ringing, time was passing and it was dead silence.

Mom was asleep in her room while I was still wide awake, tensed because Virat still hadn't called me.

I yawned, trying to keep my eyes open. Virat hadn't called me ever since he left for the CPL which was two days ago.

He managed to send in a text last evening, saying he would call me at night. It read 'Busy. Call tonight.'

There was no emoji, no I love you..nothing.

I sighed, turned and tossed on the bed as I stared at my engagement ring. The bright diamond was shining even in the dark room..silently assuring me that I was an engaged girl now, and soon I would be married to him.

Would I really be married to him?

The cell phone finally vibrated in my other hand and I sat straighter this time, looking at the screen and then attending it as quickly as I could.

Before I could even greet Virat, I heard him yell on the other end.

"Have you lost your God damn mind, Eira?" He yelled, his voice sharp and on edge, as if he was waiting all day to take out this anger on someone.

I frowned, and sat up straighter on the bed.

"What happened?" I questioned softly. He exhaled a deep breath on the other end.

"What happened? Are you kidding me? Why the fuck would you respond to Ritika huh?" He questioned me in the same tone as before and now I felt frustrated.

Right. It was about that tweet. Ugh.

"Oh, so it's about her." I mumbled through the line, in a blank tone.

"Yes, It is about her, what was the point in even replying her?" He asked me, his voice firm and hard.

"Virat, she started it. Not only bashed us but involved my brother too. So fuck her, I had to reply." I tried to explain it to him, I didn't want to fight, especially at a time like this.

"Yeah because it's not like we're getting enough shit already. I am getting shit from media, fans, public, my board even when I'm here. I don't need shit from you too." He said, not bothering to care that his voice was too loud.

"So what should I have done huh?" I questioned him back, this time witha little bit of annoyance.

"You shouldn't have tweeted her back." He shot back.

"No! I should have. And I will again, if she says anything." I told him arrogantly.

"Eira, don't you fucking dare! Everything you do will affect me. There's already several articles about the fight." He lectured me. I was too mad to listen now.

"Why don't you focus on your cricket instead of lecturing me Virat." I advised him but my voice for sure held anger.

"Why don't you learn to control yourself Eira. Lay off social media." He responded back.

"So that is why you have called me? To lecture me? It's not like I'm your fiance or anything." I yelled at him this time, straight up yelled.

"Dheere baat karo mujh se Eira." It took me seconds to even realise what dheere meant. Asshole.

"Main kyun ahista baat karun Virat? We're engaged for fucks sake and you're defending your ex." I said frustrated and on the verge of tears.

I waited more than a day for his call and this is what I get?

"I'm not defending her, I'm telling you to lay off the social media for a while, ignore it. Can't you do that for me? Is that too hard to understand?" Virat explained again, his cold tone hadn't died down at all

"Pyaar se bolo to main understand bhi karun. You're being so rude and cold right now, I haven't talked to you in two days and this is how you talk to me." I sniffed.

"Eira." He trailed off but I interrupted him.

"No, Virat. I'm not your servant. I can't take shit from you like that just because you're frustrated." I argued and he groaned this time.

"Fine then, Bye." He murmured.

Was he serious? He was really about to hang up? On me?

"Virat! What the fuck?" I yelled, stopping him.

"What? Rude hun na main? To baat nahin karo." He said, repeating my earlier words.

"Sorry bolo ge to kuch hojayega tumhain?" I asked him. Arrogant Virat was a pain in the ass.

"Tu sorry bol pehle, kyun tweet kiya usko?" He shot back.

I didn't want to fight with Virat. Not when we were both already so stressed, him..much more than me.

"Don't bring it up again, now. I'll make up for it, tweet something nice." I said, grumbling.

Virat sighed on the phone and kept quiet for a moment.

"You better." He grumbled.

"Virat, yaar. Stop being like this. I love you na." I whined. I didn't know why but I wanted for him to be happy, and be nice. I didn't want to face his angry side, ever.

"Acha, okay..By the way..that reply was savage." He playfully said this time, no hardness in his voice..he seemed much relaxed.

"Haina?" I laughed with him. Then I stopped and remained silent.

"Vee." I softly called him out.

"Haan?"

"You okay?" I interrogated.

"Eira, I took this decision..I chose you and I knew I would be getting into, People are like that, general public would accept it in no time, thora patient hona parega. Media, well they are gonna be a problem..I'll handle it." He tried to assure me but it seemed like he was assuring himself.

"Will you?" I enquired.

"Yes. As long as we're together." I smiled at his response.

This was us, we argued and made up in a couple of minutes. And it was alright, just because we loved each other.

"Okay..I love you."

"I love you too..ab ja so ja. It's late night there." He suggested. I nodded, yawning a little.

"Good night, Babe." I ended the call and slept, this time peacefully because I knew I had Virat's back..always.

---

So check out behind closed doors if you can please. Vote, comment. If you want to requests a Virat and Eira scene or if you have any ideas, you can share. Love xx