47. Back To India

---

@EiraSK96 : Mood. (Just because I'm polite, doesn't mean I can't be a bitch)

 (Just because I'm polite, doesn't mean I can't be a bitch)

VIRAT

Life had always been good to me. I always received love and appreciation, whether it came from my family, friends or my fans.

I was the man who could never do anything wrong and If I did, my intentions weren't wrong. Or that's what my perception was.

So being on that end of the stick, where all I got was hatred and criticism, it did not feel nice.

It felt bad, so bad that frustration and anger seeped through me.

Who were these people to tell me what I should do with my life? Who were these people to make decisions for myself? Who were these people to make comments about me? Who were they to judge my love for my country?

After I finished playing the CPL and decided to return back home..I knew I was going to face alot of media bashing. I was mentally prepared for it, but as I exited the airport with the paparazzi swarming me and throwing questions at my face, it felt like I had murdered someone. Their accusatory tones sucked and I wanted to punch their fucking faces but being the captain of the team, I couldn't do that.

I couldn't sabotage my image any further. I didn't care what they thought of me but my team's image was a reflection of mine. I didn't want to ruin that.

So I walked outside of the airport with my shades on, and didn't bother lifting my head up. My manager was beside me as well.

"Virat, do you think you've ruined the image of India? No.

"Virat, is it true that your fiance won't come to India after marriage?" No.

"Virat, aatankwaadi desh ki larki se shadi karna kya sahi hai?" Bruh!

"Virat, here, Virat. When is the wedding?" When you fuckers stop bothering me.

"Virat! Is it true that she is an ISI agent?" Yes and I'm a RAW one, Ek tha tiger is in the works.

"Virat, Politician Mukherjee has called you an anti-nationalist. Do you agree?" That man speaks bullshit all the time.

"Virat, India Australia series main kya captaincy aap kareinge?" Obviously.

"Virat, is it true BCCI is taking away the captaincy from you?" No, why would they? I'm the best.

"Virat don't you think its better to get married before the series so you don't get distracted?" Hmm, maybe?

"Virat! Virat! Kya wo larki apna dharam badle gi?" Dude stop.

"Virat, we've heard you went to Dubai before coming here." I wish I had.