12. Jab They Met

EIRA

I had once read, 'Out of all hardships that a person had to face, none was more punishing then the simple act of waiting.'

So now that the day was finally here, I was shaking with excitement and nerves at the same time, I realised it must be true.

Khaled Hossaini didn't write lies in his books.

I was stood beside Divya and Sarmad. Divya, the girl I met in the elevator that day..also the girl that had become a close friend in a short span of time.

She was funny, witty, smart and an extremely nice person to just talk to. While Sarmad was a guy who I had met in the class.

He was a Pakistani, and used to live in islamabad before he came here. The three of us had gotten along really well together.

"Aaj Eira Madam kuch zyada hi sundar lag rahi hain." Divya commented teasing me and then looked at me again.

I smiled biting my left cheek. I might have gotten dressed in a crazy way. My wardrobe was a mess, I had no idea what to wear to meet Virat and so it took me hours to get ready.

I had to look natural but I also had to look beautiful.

I know it didn't matter to him but I really wanted to make a good impression.

We talked on the phone twice after that and the calls went on and on before we realised it had been too long.

We talked about everything, family..passion and just life in general.

I shouldn't even think about it that way but his voice was so mesmerzing, it made me feel giddy all inside.

The guy you called over rated is now mesmerizing for you? Way to go..Eira!

My subconscious yelled at me but I pushed it away and looked at my friends.

Divya had just called me 'sundar' which probably meant pretty in hindi and knowing Sarmad he couldn't wait to make a comment.

"Pyaari; my dear. It's pyaari." Sarmad spoke rolling his eyes at Divya playfully.

"Arey, Hindi main sundar bolte hain." Divya defended herself.

"So what? In urdu we say pyaari and khoobsurat." I nodded at Divya.

"Haan to? Main tumhain urdu speaking lagti hun?."

"Abhi bhi to urdu boli tum ne." Sarmad pointed out and then used his cell phone.

He used it for a few seconds and then put it in his back pocket.

"It's what I talk normally in. All mix." She shot back.

"Guys, it doesn't matter. Thank you Divya, Sarmad, don't tease her yar." I tried to calm them down.

Sometimes playful talks lead to heated arguments.

"So? Are you going somewhere today?" Divya questioned and I gulped.

Should I tell her?

And what would I say? I'm going to meet your county's hero? My online friend?

"Yes, well..To meet a friend." I told her half the truth.

"From Pakistan?" Divya interrogated and I shook my head.

"No, not really."

"You guys close?" Sarmad questioned looking towards me.

"I think so.." I murmured and then used the front camera to check my hair and makeup.

I fixed my hair again, and then checked the time on my cell phone.