10. Phone Call for the first time

______________________________________

VIRAT

The sun shone brightly in the sky as I opened the blinds and stood against the glass window in my room.

A cup of coffee, and a sports magazine in my hand. All I had was a day left, and then I had to go back for practice, the Trio series was near and I was going to be the captain, for the very first time. It was kept a surprise but it was going to be out soon.

I sat on the chair, kept just near the window and flipped the magazine open.

"Virat Kohli and Ritika Shah over? Fashion designer seen with British model?!"

What's new in this? Ofcourse she has moved on!

"Pakistani hearthrob cricketer Farhan Khan on his Personal life, Family home, Pakistani Cricket and his resemblance to Virat Kohli!"

Oh we are not alike-For Fucks Sake, stop comparing us! Even Eira says that!

"Has Life really changed after Twitter?"

Maybe?

"Read how Beyonce felt after coming to India!"

Who cares?

"Deepika Padukone all set for her big hollywood hit!"

Good for Deepika!

"Priyanka Chopra on her dating life and Baywatch."

I groaned, annoyed as fuck. Was there anything good they ever wrote in these magazines? I think not.

I switched on my cell phone and scrolled through it.

My life has been a series of realization and complications.

The realization that everything is not as normal as you would have thought. Everything is not ordinary for you, everything is not simple and plain

I couldn't be the guy that could buy vegetables from the market, cook for the family or sit around in a movie theater and not be recognized or go shopping with my family and not be stopped for a picture.

My life has been filled with passion and everything that came along with it. Passion brought me everything.

My passion for my country brought me love, money, fame, records and even betrayals. My passion made me who I am.

Before all of this, I was just Virat.

But my passion made me The Virat Kohli.

I know it is not even possible to say that everyone wants a normal life, no one wants that. I believe everyone has a passion, everyone has that hidden feeling among themselves, that hidden wish to be known and to be seen.

I had it too, and I thank my lucky stars every day that I was able to do all of that.

Snapping out of my thoughts about life and passion, I thought about someone else.

Eira. A name so different, yet so similar.

A face so beautiful, yet so innocent.

How did I even end up talking to her?

I remember reading a tweet that my friend had sent me, asking if he knew how ill-mannered this girl was.

I ended up stalking her account.

She hated my guts and now we are friends. How?

Eira seemed confident, she wasn't one of those girls who had any problem with stating their opinion. She seemed calm yet temperamental.