Tomorrow.

"Shit!" Marc and I said, turning to each other. "School!" Our uniforms smelt ok, we raided the kitchen for the lunch, shoved our shoes on, and just as I put my hand to the door handle, Uncle Al addressed us.

"Uh, uh, uh. You guys aren't going to school today. Bobbi, your mother, my sister, is dead. Marc, you've helped look out for Bobbi. We are going to hit the town." Uncle Al said, rubbing his hands together.

"Thanks for the offer sir, but I- uh, we- can't except. I have a Math competition, and Bobbi has a dance exam coming up." Marc said.

"Math competition? Really? That was the best you could come up with?!"

I had the urge to face palm but that would kill the lie.

I could tell he was nervous about offending my Uncle Al.

"Nope, y'all coming. It ain't up for discussion."

"Uncle-"

"No."

"I probably should have told you that Al isn't the most reasonable adult that I know." I said to Marc from the corner of my mouth, but I was still looking at Al.

"I realize this now." He said from the corner of his mouth, but his eyes were also still fixed to Al.

"This is NOT over. I will avenge what happened here. Mark. My. Words."

Uncle Al pushed us out the door (Still in our school uniforms) and took us everywhere.

Well, really, after a while, Marc was telling Uncle Al all the best places in town. I think it was weird for Al. After all, he did come from California. And it seemed like jet-lag didn't bother him at all.

Later on that day, at Pizza Hut (Uncle Al's treat), I told Marc that I probably wouldn't have been able to concentrate at school anyway. And that if anyone crosses me, they are more then likely to die. Or come close to death anyway.