A Meaningless Apology. (Chapter 30.)

When I got back home, the most shocking thing happened. Lance hugged me, and apologized.

"I'm sorry for being a douche. And bringing up your mother." He said, 'full-heartedly.'

"Oh get off me!" I yelled, shoving him off me.

You see, I have trouble accepting help and apologizes. And sometimes when that 'help' and 'apology' comes from someone that has been a complete butt the entire time I've known them *cough cough* Lance *cough cough* then it should be bloody obvious to stay the heck away from me! If that someone is to thick to understand that, then that someone will learn the hard way.

"Clamshell, he's only trying to apologize." Al said.

"Yeah, because you guys probably cut a deal with him!"

"It was the only way!"

"Unbelievable." I thought, throwing my hands in the air.

"I'm sorry Bobbi, I know its hard, and unfair. Maybe you should get some rest? I prepared the best guest room for you. In the wardrobe, I made sure there was a lolly compartment and spa bathroom. You may want to take advantage of it, before Lance uses all the warm water." Uncle Al said.

I nodded, thinking that what Uncle Al had just described would take more then two weeks to get used to used.

"To make something a habit, one must do the desired activity for twenty-one consecutive days." Rayna had always said.

But I was only here for fourteen days. Oh well. I wasn't looking to make this sort of living my life anyway.

"Can you show me where my room is, Uncle?" I asked, silently begging that he wouldn't push the task to Lance.

"Lance, would you like-"

"Uncle." I said in a 'don't you dare' sort of tone.

He chuckled. "Just like my sister." He said to everyone, getting up.

As we walked down the hall, Uncle started asking me 'where had I gone this time.'

"Well, I walked and accidently came to a restaurant. I didn't know that Marc's older, Pierre worked here. I didn't even know he had an older brother!" I said, still astounded. "And then we had a group call. Pierre was on his break, and I called Marc. So we all sat down and Pierre noticed my arm. Then Marc asked when's the next flight to California. I don't know if he was serious though- Ok Lance, you come put now, you little eavesdropper!" I said turning to where the twit was trying to hide.

"How do you do that?" He said glumly. I sensed a hint irritation in his voice and it felt good, in an evil sort of way

"I can sense a pest from a mile away, so a few inches isn't hard. Never mind that, what do you want now? To give me a harder time?!" I said, wounding up my fist.

"Bobbi!" Uncle Al said.

He only used my real name if he was serious, but this time, I didn't care.

Then, out of nowhere, Margret, the lady my uncle had refered to as 'an old bat', or something, popped out of nowhere, and slapped Lance.

Right. Across. The. Cheek.

Then she just walked off like nothing had happened. But as she walked off, I saw her pick up her skirts, jump in the air and kick her heels, in mid-air, together.

"Uh...What just happened?" I asked, stunned that someone seeming so serious, could do those two things.

"Thank you Margret!" Uncle Al called after her.

"That's quite alright, sonny!" She replied, in the straining sort of voice elderly people sometimes get when they try to yell.

"All I wanted was...Urgh, Why do I even I bother?!" Lance said, running off.

"Boys." I said, rolling my eyes.

Uncle Al chuckled. "Girls." he said, copying me.

We walked in utter silence the rest of the way to my room, until he stopped, of course. I didn't notice at first. I was to deep in thought.

"Uh...Clamshell...? Back here, love."

"Uh...Right. Thanks Uncle. I'm sorry for being such a damned nuisance and horrid house guest. I guess I should probably apologize, if and when I wake up from my little rat nap."

"Don't you mean cat nap?"

"No, I meant rat nap. I haven't been quite cat like since I got here. Just a little, misunderstood, good-for-nothing-but-causing-trouble, senseless, blasted, violent, out-of-control, stupid...rat." I breathed the last word, as if it was the last breath of fresh air I would ever get.

Uncle Al hugged me. "Your none of those things." He said.

"None?" I asked, even though my voice was half muffled against shirt.

"Well..."

"I knew it!"

He chuckled. "Well...Maybe misunderstood. Have a nice spa. There's also a red button next to the mirror that sends a butler of maid to you if you need anything. Or just come find me." He said, then left.