Shattered. (Chapter 22.)

As we crossed the time zones, it hit me that there will be two families there that had been forced by the laws of marriage to sort of, in a way I guess, sort of 'merge.'

"Fuck! What if they don't like me?! What if I'm to different? What if I break an ancient artefact that they happen to have laying around? What if I flip out? Oh. Shit."

What was going to be waiting for us the next time we touch ground? A dragon lady like my fourth grade teacher? Or a woman who smells comfortingly like freshly home-baked goods?

I gulped. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Nope, I'm getting delusional."

It was a random with a knife held up next to his head, with the pointed tip aimed at me.

The face was blurred.

"Well I'm dreaming obviously."

I woke up with a start. My uncle was looking at me with eyes that suggested we landed at the nearest mental institution.

"Uncle? What's wrong with me?" I said,, feeling my eyes well up.

He lifted the arm rest that separated our chairs.

"Come here Clamshell." He said, spreading his arms.

I fell into his chest. I had lost it. That was the only explanation.

Nothing was plausible anymore.

I was close with all of my family, no matter how far they were, or where they were in the world.

When ever a branch from the family tree came up (or down) from where ever they were in the world, we would have parties that would piss the neighbors off because we would be partying until dawn. Sometimes longer.

I wasn't to sure how much of my mum's family (my only extended family) knew about Rayna's death. But I hoped at least those that needed to know, knew. Like my cousins, and my other aunts' and uncles. Then again, half of them where in Europe.