Failure Is An Excuse To Try Again. (Chapter 19.)

"Clamshell! Where the hell have you been?! Never mind, your home now and that's all that matters!" Uncle Al said, hugging me so tight, I swear I heard a crack in my spine.

"You know...Cindy von Vaught...?" I asked, trying to be careful about what I said next.

"St. Fredrickson High School's biggest skank and bully? Yeah, why?" Uncle Al said, still not letting me go.

"I ran into her at the park that Rayna used to take me to."

"You what." He let me go and looked at me like I was a crazy person.

"We had a talk like civilized people."

"Does that bitch even know the meaning of the word?"

"Apparently. So anyway...."

We sat on the sofa and I explained that I had been sitting on the rock where I had broken my arm, when Cindy appeared. I went on to explain that Cindy had seen me there before with who I assumed was my mother.

When I told Uncle Al that I had suggested that she and I become friends, he had the biggest laughing fit! I don't blame him either.

I guess it was funny that I had asked the school skank and devil to be a friend. I mean how would re-act if your child came home and said they asked the school bully to be their friend?

Maybe Cindy is lonely.

Hopefully you'd react a bit more mature then Uncle Al. Then again, Uncle Al is a bit of a big kid. He does sell phones and computers, so I guess it won't shock me if he plays Angry Birds inbetween customers or something.

"Your kidding right?" He said, holding his stomach from laughter. "One day you punch the school skank, the next, your asking her to be friends? Gezz Clamshell! And I thought my sister was crazy!" He started laughing like a maniac.

"Uncle Al! Act your age for once!" I said, in fake anger.

"Well, I guess it is a funny situation now that I think about it. And when Uncle Al puts it like that..." I thought, chuckling a little.

Then I started laughing like my crazy, middle-aged uncle.

"Your right Uncle; It is crazy!" I said between laughs.

"Maybe America won't be so bad...And hey, when I find the bitch that did this, I'm going to need a place to lay low...Hey! I might even get a slightly American accent!"

In my defense, the thought started serious, but now, I was ducking excited!