Police and the Grave.

"Well. That's that sorted. Let's go check out if those police are still here." Marc said, putting his phone away.

I got up and so did he. Wiping away at my eyes, I opened the door.

I told myself to get over it.

Death is a natural part of life. What goes around comes back around.

"Miss Gustus, I'm sorry for you loss. May I ask you some questions?" A different officer addressed me this time.

I sniffed and the officer led me out side.

"Do you know anyone that would mean Miss Rayna harm?"

I shook my head. Then I thought.

"Maybe my dad? I've never met the prick, but I've been told he was abusive and I'm the product of my mother getting raped. I don't know if that's of any help though."

The officer nodded. "Is there anyone you can live with?"

I nodded. "My friend here, says that my Uncle Al is the way from the USA."

"The law say-"

"Mr Officer, with all respect, I know what the law says. I've taken Legal Studies as a subject sir."

The officer looked stunned. He gave me the death stare of all death stares. Then just walked away.

I looked at Marc. He shrugged.

Most of the team had left, and so had my mother's body. I watched as it got taken away to where ever they take dead bodies.

After that emotional experience, Marc and I headed to the lounge room.

"Well. Now what am I going to do. I have to move, start my life from scratch, and probably won't see you again." I said uselessly, laying in the middle of the carpet.

"Don't say that! I'm sure we'll meet again, some day. You just have to be strong and stay positive. We'll get through this mess." Marc said, coming to lay next to me.

"How do you know?" I said, rolling over so I was facing him.

He looked over to me. "I don't know."

Then with out warning, he pressed his nose against mine and kissed me.

"Um..." Was all I could say afterwards.

Marc stod up. "Um...Should I go...?" He asked, the guilt dripping from his voice.

I shook my head. "Let's just call it a 'spur of the moment.' Please stay. I'm not going to pull through alive with this mess if I'm alone."

Then we started watching movies. I guess we pulled an all nighter.

He didn't try kissing me again or anything else, to my relief.