Extended Family's Extend Family. (Chapter 24.)

We landed, and oh. My. Word. Did the nerves kick in, or what?!

We got our luggage, no losses or anything, and started looking around.

Well, Uncle Al did. I didn't really know what Melinda looked like.

"There they are- ah shit. She brought her mother. Old hag. Oh and both her sisters. Wonderful!" Uncle Al said. He started the sentence happily, then ended sarcastically.

I chuckled at this as we walked over.

The first thing I noticed about Melinda was her hair. It was bright blonde with a few splashes of bright green, and long at one half, and it appeared that if she did a 360 degree rotation, it would have a Chinese hair-case stair-case affect. There was also a streak of black along the fringe.

"Anyone with that hair style has got to be either really cool, or a serial killer."

"Melinda!" Uncle Al said, embracing his wife.

She did the same, so she was facing me. She smiled kindly at me from over his shoulder.

When they let go, my uncle told Melinda I was scared she wouldn't like me because I'm not a girly-girl.

She laughed politely. "That's fine!"

Then Al turned to the 'old hag' that was apparently Melinda's mother.

"Margret."

"Albert."

"Melanie, Melody."

"Albert." The two sisters replied in perfect sync.

"This is Bobbi. But you may know her better as Clamshell." Al said, smiling proudly.

Then everyone smiled at me. I smiled back.

This was going well.

"Well, come on! Marcy has been dying to meet you. She's been hyped that there's going to be another girl she can play dress up with. Lance and Marcy are in the car."

"I'm not into make up."

"You'll be fine. "

"Melinda, what she means, is she's legitimately allergic." Al said, seriously, secretly winking at me.

I kept a straight face.

"Oh." Came Melinda's sad sigh.