Melinda Gustus. (Chapter 21.)

We got to the Air port, and did the air port stuff like check in, passports...all that jazz.

We got settled into our seats. They were comfy, sort of plush. As I looked around, it was then that it hit me that I had only been on a plane once.

The nerves started to kick in because that was, more or less, eleven years ago.

"Ok, out with the death...In with the earphones!" I thought, taking them out of my purple back pack.

As I started scrolling through my songs, Uncle Al, next to me, nudged me.

"Did I mention I'm married?"

"SHUT THE FRIDGE DOOR!"

Everyone turned to me.

"Oh do be quite!"

"How rude!"

"You would think a girl of eleven years would be more considerate!"

"I'm actually fifteen sir." I replied, turning to the source of the voice.

That shut everyone up.

Luckily for me, I'm an absolute professional at making a fool of myself in public. I just laugh it off.

Problem solved.

The engines started.

Uncle Al chuckled. "I would 'shut the fridge door', if there was a fridge around."

"Quit stalling! Tell me about her!"

"Her name is Melinda, I can't wait for you to meet her. She makes a mean bacon and cheese pie."

"Yum! So when was the wedding? Why weren't we invited? What's she look like? Can she deal with teenagers? Does she have any kids? Do you plan on having kids with her?" I asked at rapid fire.

"The wedding was in private, and was exactly week before I got the call about Rayna. Why we didn't invite you is pretty self explanatory. She's beautiful. She has a teenage son, but I don't know how she'll handle a teenage girl. Maybe she'll give you a pampering session. And she has a daughter of six years, Marcy, and a son of sixteen years, Lance. As for having kids, we'll see what the future holds." Uncle Al replied.

"Pampering session? Blah! I'll pass! I think I'd rather play football. And no, I don't mean watch from the sides and peg golf balls at heads." I replied.

"Well, Lance plays a lot of sport, and Marcy is a full on girly-girl." Uncle Al said.

Then a thought hit me.

"Aunt Rach and you didn't get divorced because of the thing when I puked pumpkin on her white dress right?" I asked.

Uncle Al and I full on had the worst laughing fit.

"Haha!" He wiped a tear from his eye. "Of course not! I divorced because I caught her in the act."

"Slut."

I looked at my uncle again.

The we started laughing. Again. But worse.

We passed through the clouds. Then it hit me, like a boulder to the shoulder, why I was here in the first place.

"Hey mum. I don't know if your an invisible ghost around here, or if your right next to me or out there in the clouds hanging out with your past lives, but if you were worrying about if I'm going to pull though alive, or not, can I just say, you don't have to anymore. I think I'm going to be ok. I have a crazy-mad uncle that loves me like a daughter, and I have an amazing friend who I love like a brother. They will keep me grounded. I'm fully aware that I'm still going to flip out every now and then, but I think I'll be ok. I think I can be forgiven after all that Life has put us, my uncle and I, through.

I know I don't have it as bad as others, and I'm grateful enough for that.

But, I'm home."

That's all that needed to be thought at the time.