Chapter 10: Where's the Pizza?

It's been a few days since Bella and Alex kissed. She didn't show up to school during the whole week. She told her mom she was coming up with something. She made herself throw up to play it off. Her family believed it. Bella was in her room the whole time and only went out to eat and go to the bathroom.

It was Friday and Ethan walked into his first period and saw Bella's empty seat.

"No Bella?" He muttered. Lucas heard him and nodded.

"Yeah, she's really sick. She has a stomach virus."

"Should we visit her?"

"She didn't want us to. I find this weird because she always wants me to come over when she is sick."

"Maybe, she just wants space?"

"It's Bella. She doesn't know what space is. She's so clingy it's really concerning."

"Well, being clingy isn't that bad," Ethan said.

"Yeah, when it's anyone else," Lucas muttered.

The teacher came into class and began teaching the lesson. Throughout the whole day, Ethan kept wondering what was going on with Bella. He took out his phone and texted her if he could come over. Bella didn't respond. She left him on read. Ethan got into his car after school and saw the guys passing by.

"You coming over?" Andrew asked.

Ethan shook his head. "Sorry, I have a project to finish." The boys nodded and Ethan drove off to Bella's. He park at the end of her street in case the guys came over, he didn't want them to see his car in the driveway. He got out of his car and walked up to Bella's house. He rang her doorbell and a few seconds Bella opened the door. She had a blanket over and her hair was in a messy bun.

"Ethan?"

"Hey, I brought you your homework."

She looked at him with a confused face. "Come in." She opened the door wider and he walked in.

"Uh, are you hungry? I just ordered pizza."

"Starving." He smiled at her.

"So, you just came alone?"

"Yeah." He set his bag down on the couch.

"Do the guys know that you are here?"

He shook his head. "Nope."

"Will they be coming here?"

"Nope, why?"

"Uh.. just wondering that's all."

"Are you feeling better?" He asked.

She raised an eyebrow at him. "What?"

"You're sick or were sick... Lucas said you had a stomach virus."

"Oh yeah.."

"Are you even sick?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Are you really here to give me my homework?"

He looked at her and grinned. "I just wanted to check up on you."

"I'm not really sick, I just wanted to avoid someone at school."

"Did something happen?"

She nodded. "Yeah, with one of the guys and I just kind of don't want to see them right now."

He gave her sympathetic look. "They're such assholes towards you, I just don't get it."

"Well, a lot of shit happened."