Chapter 29: Safe at Home

It was Monday and the last bell finally rang. Alex went to his locker to grab his books and he shoved them in his bag. He shut his locker and quickly turned around and bumped into a girl causing her books to fall.

"Are you fucking serious?" The girl groaned. She sighed and squatted down to pick up her books meanwhile Alex walked past her to leave school since he had to pick up Arianna from school.

"Lucas!" He called out when he saw him walk towards his car. Lucas turned around with a confused look. Alex ran to catch up with him.

"Do you think you can give me a ride?" He breathed out.

"Sure, where?"

"The elementary school I have to pick up Arianna."

Lucas nodded and unlocked his car. They both got in. Alex threw his bag in the back and put on his seat belt. Lucas started the car and drove out of the parking lot. He made a left turn but quickly stopped when he saw a girl was crossing the street. She looked up and Alex and Lucas's eyes widened.

Bella looked at them for a moment until the car behind them honked. She continued to walk and Lucas continued to drive.

"Holy shit." He muttered.

"You could of went a little faster," Alex smirked.

Lucas rolled his eyes and continued to drive. Alex looked at Lucas who clenching his jaw. His hand gripped tightly on the wheel.

"It was a joke." Alex sighed.

"Whatever." He muttered.

"Lucas, why do you still care about her?"

"I don't."

"Sure," Alex said sarcastically.

Lucas stayed quiet until they stopped at a red light. Alex looked at him and just shook his head and had a cocky grin. "You still care about her don't you?"

Lucas gulped and continued to look in front of him. Alex let out a laugh. "You do!"

Lucas took a deep breath and continued to look at the light. He wanted it to turn already. Alex kept that cocky grin on his face.

"Why though?"

The light turned green and Lucas drove straight and made a right turn on the street where the diner was. The school was just down the block from the diner so he parked on the side and unlocked the doors.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me why you still care about her."

"Arianna is waiting for you."

"Lucas, Bella is a fucking joke! She is a slut who-"

"How is she a slut?"

"You said it before she just plays with guys she sleeps around with them for attention."

"I never said that." Lucas spat.

"Yes, you did! You always say it when you're drunk because you can't admit it when you're sober."

"I don't want to admit it because it's not true." He gritted his teeth.

"You know it is true though. First, she leads you on and then Andrew, Ethan, me, and she even had Kyle wrapped around her finger."

Lucas turned to Alex. "Why do you care about her?"

"I don't."

"Bullshit. We both know all of us still care for her. Why do you care for her?"

"You answer first."

"What are we in fucking elementary school?" Lucas gave him a look.

"Well I mean we are parked outside of one." Alex pointed out.