Chapter 18: Weekend Madness

It was the beginning of the weekend and Bella was over at Ethan's house helping him with homework since he's been sick for the past few days. As for the rest of the guys, Alex was home with his parents and little sister, Andrew was in Chicago visiting Daniella, and Lucas was at home watching his little brother who was also sick.

"So, you mean to tell me that x equals seven?" Ethan asked.

"Yes, Ethan." Bella giggled.

"Can we please stop? My head is going to explode." He groaned. She giggled again and nodded. She packed up her bag and put away his stuff.

"Watch a movie with me?" He asked.

"Of course." She grinned. She laid down next to him. He rested his head on her chest and she played with his hair. Ethan turned on the t.v and put on a random movie.

"I feel like I am going to get you sick."

"It's okay." She continued to play with his hair.

"That feels so nice." He mumbled.

She giggled softly. "You're so cute."

"I know." He grinned widely. She just looked at him and shook her head smiling.

"You're cuter." He said.

"I know." She smirked.

He just laughed softly, but then ended up coughing. He groaned and put his head deeper into her arms.

"You're so comfortable." His voice was raspy.

She pulled the blankets over them and continued to play with his hair and rub his back.

"I love this." He mumbled. He closed his and slowly drifted to sleep. Bella did the same thing.

Alex was in his room playing the guitar when his little sister ran in and shut the door. He gave her a confused look.

"What's wrong Arianna?"

"Momma is mad." She pouted.

Alex sighed and set his guitar down before walking up to her and squatting down to her level.

"What happened?"

"Daddy took money again and she started yelling and drinking."

"Did she do anything else?"

"Code white." She whispered.

Andrews' eyes widened and he locked the door.

"You're sleeping with me tonight, okay?"

She nodded at him and went to his bed. Code white was cocaine. When his mother snorted cocaine and was drinking things got bad. She would get violent.

"I'm going to get you go your stuff for tomorrow so we can leave early."

"Where we going?"

"Aunt Maria's house."

His sister nodded and watched as he left the room quietly. Alex walked towards his sister's room, but his mom heard him.

"Alex get down here."

"I have to go to the bathroom."

"Get your fucking ass over here." She yelled. Alex took a deep breath before heading down the stairs to see his mom on the couch. He saw the drugs on the table and he just looked at his mother.

"Where the fuck is my money?"

"I-I don't know."

She got up and walked over towards him. Alex closed his eyes because he knew what was coming. His mother slapped him right across the face and pushed him against the wall. She continued to hit him.