Chapter 69 I Want You to Know

"Okay and here is the change I do," I said picking up the small bowl filled with cinnamon. "I put cinnamon in the chocolate chip batter." Karen looked at me like I was a genius.

"I've never thought about that," she laughed putting the cinnamon in her own mixture.

We are both making it step by step. I have my batch and she has hers, so she can learn my way since Shawn loves my family recipe. This is just the chocolate chip batch and the blueberry mix on the other counter. We still have to do brown sugar/cinnamon and a batch of banana nut muffins.

While I was scooping the batter into the cupcake holders I was telling her what to mix in the banana nut. Those ones are my favorite especially for a dessert with a little vanilla ice cream on the side.

"Just mix the crush nuts and the smooched bananas in while mixing it."

She nodded her head and sing along while Life of the Party was playing on the radio sitting on the counter.

Shawn's POV

I grabbed my phone and looked at my long list of notifications. The top ones were from Matt who kept texting me 911. Knowing him it's not even something important. He probably doesn't know where to find something, so he's calling me to ask Madisyn.

"Hello?" I asked Matt while I fixed my hair in the mirror.

"It's about damn time you answered! The jewelry store called me since you didn't answer to tell me that the ring is ready." I stopped touching my hair, and a smile keeps on my face. "So I went and picked it up now it is in my cup holder while I drive home," Matt said proudly.

My smile faded as worst case scenarios pop in my head. "Matt I know you aren't stupid, but please don't lose that ring. I will seriously kill you."

"Trust me I got this. I am just going to stick it in my dresser with my socks," Matt calmly told me.

I trust him completely. I am just worried that something might happen. This must happen to every mans mind before he pops the question.

"Okay I've go to go. Thanks man bye," I told him hanging up after he says bye.

I walked downstairs, and smiled at the sight I saw. Madisyn was in the kitchen making muffins with my mom and Aaliyah. No I am not only smiling at the thought of a whole bunch of muffins, but because the love of my life is standing in the kitchen getting along so well with my mom and Aaliyah. She always has; from the beginning she has got along with my family. That is the way any person wants it.

"Good morning," I smiled making my way though the three of them with kisses on the cheeks.

"So I see Madisyn is telling you how she makes her muffins?" I laughed.

"Yes, and I am pretty excited to taste them," my mom laughed as she stuck another tray of muffins in.

Madisyn walked over with a blueberry muffin on a plate and in the other a cup of coffee the way I like it.

"If this is how it will be every morning when we wake up in our house I think we need to move in now," I laughed pulling her by her waist into me. She turned to me and smiled before she gave me a big kiss.

"I'm going to get in the shower," Maddie announced as she started making her way upstairs.

I stuck a chunk of muffin in my mouth and slowly chewed it while I thought about the ring. It is going to be so beautiful while it is on her finger everyday. I just don't know how to ask her. Do I do a cliché dinner where I ask her, a rooftop view at night with rose pedals, do we do skydiving, and write it on the grass? What do I do to make it so special that she won't ever forget.