It's Your Birthday?

I woke up. Austin was watching Food Network.

"We are leaving today. Our flight is in an hour. I already packed up all our stuff." Austin said as he turned the TV off.

"Oh, ok. Austin, where are we gonna stay?" I asked Austin.

"Well, I don't really know. I want to drop another Bible off on the doorstep. But maybe we can get a hotel room." Austin scratched his head.

There was a knock on the door. I went to go open it and it was a tired looking Zach in a t-shirt and sweatpants.

"You guys can stay at my family's house." He said, out of breath.

"WHAT!" I screamed happily.

"Yeah, I've been texting my parents about you and your brother's situation and they said they would happily invite you two into our two guest bedrooms. My parents would just eat you up, I promise. I mean that in a good way, if your confused." Zach explained.

He seemed really happy but nervous and excited and intimidated at the same time, kind of like how I was last night.

"That sounds AMAZING. I hope we won't be a bother." Austin said as he walked up to the door.

"Oh, they are happy to take you two in. I promise." Zach smiled.

Zach hugged me really tight.

"I can't believe you are going to be living with me!" Zach started jumping up and down while hugging me.

We went down to breakfast and I got sausages and donuts. We started talking about a bunch of random stuff. Zach went to go get me chocolate milk. I was still in my baggy sweatshirt and stretchy shorts, and my hair was in a bun.

Zach came back.

"Thank you!" I kissed him on the cheek.

"Is it already January 31st? It feels like just yesterday was Christmas or something." Zach sat back down and sipped some of his chocolate milk.

"Wait. January 31st...Kaitlyn?" Austin said as I got up and picked up a ping pong paddle because there was a ping pong table.

"Yeah?" I asked and looked over.

"Today's your birthday." Austin dropped his phone.

"WHAT!" Zach dropped his cup and looked over at me, his eyes wide.

I screamed and ran away. Zach came chasing after me.

"NO! ITS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL! AHH!" I screamed as I ran through the hallway.

Zach caught up to me and tackled me to the ground.

"Why didn't you tell me today was your birthday?" Zach asked.

"It's not that big of a deal, really!" I said quietly.

"Birthdays are a HUGE deal! Especially to the birthday girl's boyfriend! Don't you think I would want to get you a couple...hundred presents!" Zach exclaimed, still pinning me to the ground.

"Well, my parents never celebrated our birthdays, so I just don't get what all the hype about them are." I explained.

"Well, I'm not your parents." Zach said as he let go of me.

"I'm glad too." I rubbed my wrists. "Let's go play ping pong." I got up.

"You just want this to go on to be a regular day?" Zach asked, well, not really asked, more like silently saying "well I'm not gonna let you make this a regular day" type of way.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Fine. You can play ping pong, I'll be out at the store." Zach came up and gave me 19 kisses on the cheek.

"Present one, accomplished." Zach smiled.

"Babe, don't go to the store, just you being with me is enough." I stopped Zach.

"No, I'm going to the store and your gonna like it." Zach walked off.

"Now I don't have my boyfriend for my own birthday." I whispered to myself.

I walked back in the breakfast room.

"I'm going to the store, ok? You can not just sit here all day for your birthday and not get anything." Austin said as he put his coat on and left.

"Well, guess I'm alone now. I can't even play ping pong now cause I have no one to play with." I sighed under my breath.