I'm interrogating you

Chapter 17

I was drenched from head to toe, and when I stepped into the eerily empty cafe, I was shivering. 

No one was there yet, or was I exceptionally early? 

Or was it the rain, which was why everyone was late. 

I checked my watch, it was only 8am, there was plenty of time for me to change and get ready before the cafe is officially opened. I stepped into the staff locker's room, and opened my locker slowly, praying that it would not creak. 

I rummaged through the bunch of notes and took out the clean clothes I possessed. I crept away stealthily towards the toilet, hoping that no one would see me especially now that I am not in an appropriate attire. Just as I was about to reach the washroom, someone pulled me from behind.

My perpetrator covers my mouth to muffle my cries for help and I kicked frantically, try to slip through his grip. I felt him cover my eyes and slowly dragging me away to god knows where. I heard him slammed the door behind him and threw me onto the ground. He removes my blindfold and I looked at the surroundings around me hopefully I could make up the place I was locked in.

I'm in the storeroom.

He proceeds to shine a bright light at my face, my eyes squinted under the light intensity. He steps closer towards the only source of light and his face was reflected under the light. I recognize those lustful eyes and blonde hair with dirty brown streaks. 

Luke Hemmings, Calum's best brother or friend. 

"That's right I'm your girls blessing to the world, the suave young man, Luke Hemmings," he introduced himself. I cringed at the way he complimented himself, he had a hell lot of ego.

"What do you want Luke," I muttered angrily. I was struggling to cover my wet clothes, which was now see through, with the dry clothes I had. He steps closer towards me, I moved one step further, there was no way I would let that jock lay his dirty hands on me. 

"I'm going to interrogate you," he announced, clapping his hands. I looked at him, clearly puzzled, did he wake up on the wrong side of bed today? Or was one of his wires loose.

The lights came on. Oh.

It then revealed more of Calum's small group of friends that were a mix of the popular jocks and a few of his fellow drama companions. I pushed my spectacles up my nose, I was on tenterhooks now, considering the fact that they are all from Prestige High, and considering my popularity. 

I was afraid my disguise would give away.

"Alright, first question! Are you sure you're not-"

Luke's voice was cut by the loud banging of the storeroom door. "What the hell Luke! Open the door!" Calum hollered, I felt my body ease the tension and getting to feeling relaxed. Calum had just saved me from dying of nervousness. Luke quickly opener the door which revealed a very incandescent Calum, he narrowed his eyes at Luke, and pushed him away to get to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked me frantically. I watched the beads of sweat that trickled down his forehead, the way his eyes looked at me with great concern. 

I felt guilty, I felt guilty for deceiving him because his feelings for me were genuine, at the same time it made me feel ecstatic, because he gives me the greatest gift no one could ever give me. 

Myself.

He grabs a nearby towel and covered me with it, he escorts me out of the storeroom and brings me to the restroom. "Hey, uhm I'm sorry about them, they can be idiots sometimes," he apologizes meekly, "Please change out of your wet clothes now, I wouldn't want you to catch a cold." He winks at me before leaving me to change out of my clothes. 

His wink it was more then enough to make my heart race and bring me back to my fantasies, it's enough to take my breath a way and wipe the frown off my face.

And when he says my name, it was enough to bring light and warmth to my miserable life.

After I changed, I got to behind the counter feeling very flustered because the boys had their eyes on me. It was beginning to make me feel queasy, behind all the outfits and spectacle, I still possessed the same features as Chloe Reyes. I shifted uncomfortably infront of them and chewed my lips.

"Are you Chloe Reye's doppelgänger or something?" Luke enquired. I kept my chill, swallowing every air of anger and fear inside of me.

"No I'm not, I've no idea who is that girl, now do you mind?" I growled.

"Yeh yeh sure sorry."

I watched him take a seat far away from the counter and began my work, a few minutes later Autumn arrives and helps me out with a few things while Calum continues to set up the machine. 

Work, another round of working tirelessly in the dungeon begins.

After work, Calum brings me to a Chinese restaurant to have dinner. He did every single thing in the handbook for gentlemen, he pulled out the chair for me, handed me his jacket filled with his scent when I am cold, he puts my hand in his pocket because he knows that my hands were turning to frost. 

He thought it was adorable to order an extra up-size drink so that we share it, and eat on the same noodle so that when we reach the middle we would kiss. Throughout the whole night, he was extremely sweet which made me feel even more ashamed of myself

"So I heard fortune cookies can predict your future," he drawls slowly.

"And?"

"Here's a fortune cookie, open it and tell me what does it predict about us."

I looked at him flatly, did he seriously believe in this type of superstition? "Are you kidding me?" He beams and cracks his own cookie.

"So what does yours say?" I asked. "It seems accurate." He says slowly. My curiosity was piqued, "Just tell me what it is!" I whined.

"Not until you open yours." And I cracked it open. I looked at the fine printings on the white sheet of paper, the cursive handwriting that resembled Calum's. It wrote: The cutie opposite you is going to ask you out on a date. I scratched my head, I scanned the surrounding for any cute guys in the vicinity.

"Oh stop looking for cute guys, it's me." He chuckled and unveiled his paper.

Sunday, 2pm
I love you💕

🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟
Authors note:
I know the previous chapters a quite dry but the next chapter won't be!! I hope so tho:< tell me how you feel!