Shape of you

Chapter 33

The hall erupted with loud howls and excited squeals coming from the girls. I looked at Ed Sheeran in awe, pinching myself hard to prove that I wasn't dreaming. My favourite singer, currently in my school hall. Performing for us?

The school really knows how to please their students.

"Hello Senior Class of 2016! How are you?" Ed Sheeran spoke through the microphone, the crowd was screaming frantically as many phones were whipped out, trying to capture this special moment.

"This song is dedicated to a particular someone. A very lucky girl I must say.. It's called 'Shape of You'." His raspy voice rolled through the speakers as he slowly took a step back. The lights in the hall slowly dimmed, the crowd gradually swirled into silence.

The hard tempo of the music started rolling in, making the crowd sway with the beat.

Everyday discovering something brand new

I'm in love with your body

Oh-I oh-i oh-i oh-i

"Come one Prestige High! Sing along!"

Girl you know I want your love

Your love was handmade for somebody like me

"This song, is dedicated to a special girl. This guy went through various means to get me here, and I can tell she is very special to her." Ed said. "Calum Jones, who is that special girl?"

I froze. Calum brought Ed Sheeran here? He remembered who my favourite singer was and he brought him here to play live right infront of me. I felt my heart explode into fireworks, obliterating the toxic thoughts that once occupied my mind.

Calum steps on stage, laughing nervously as he took the mic from Ed's hands.

"This girl. She was honestly one of the most gorgeous girls I've met. Not in terms of looks, but the mind. Her mind, it was so alluring, so captivating. She caught me off guard. She showed me the path for my life, gave me a reason to feel. She means the world to me."

"Wow Calum, you' really like her. Very touching, can the lights please shine on this special person please."

The lights scanned through the students, searching for me. Digging through every face, and it shone on mine. It stopped. I stood in the spotlight, as everyone fixated their stares at me, added with a mix of envy and admiration. Calum motions for me to come up on stage and I did. The light traces the path I took, as I made my way to the place that was always mine.

The place right beside Calum.

Ed Sheeran looks at us happily, as he carries on with what he has to say. "So Calum, what do you want to say to her?"

I looked up at Calum, as his deep brooding eyes bore into mine. He holds on to my hand, intertwining with it. He holds it his chest, where I can feel his heart beat against his chest. "Chloe Alexia Reyes, do I have the honor of taking you to prom with me?"

The rest of the school went "woooh" "ahhh" then someone screamed. "Say yes already Chloe!" I chuckled and look at him, a smile playing on my lips. "Yes, you have the honor of taking me to prom." This sent the school in a frenzied cheer as they howled and clapped. Ed Sheeran smiles at the promposal and continued with the song.