It's over

Chapter 28

I covered my upper body with the cloth I had on my hands.

"Get out!" I screamed at Calum. His cheeks rose to a bright pink as he apologizes over and over again while shutting the curtains.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and slipped onto the dress. I pulled the curtains apart and walked out, showing off the stunning little dress on me. Talia just grinned while Calum's mouth was agape, his eyes widen in awe.

In case y'all are wondering what the dress looks like:

"You.. You..." Calum started stuttering. "God Chloe, you look amazing."

I chuckled and he embraces me in his arms. His breath trickled down my neck and up to my ears. "Let's take a picture to capture this moment."

I nodded my head and I pressed my lips against his cheeks, while he fumbled with the camera.

It was one more week till the showdown.

• • •

Saturday. The week passed quickly, with Calum being barred from entering the school compound alone, for the fear of him having any contacts with his girlfriend. While Talia was given a week of sick leave, leaving me all alone with those airheads.

The threats worked for awhile and they failed thereafter, perhaps they did not believe we had evidences against them.

Again, Saturday. The day of the engagement, where the well concealed truth underneath the neat stack of rubbles would force itself out.

I put on the red sparkly dress that was hanging on my wardrobe. I stared at the mirror and took the red lipstick I had taken from my mother's make up table and applied it on my lips, and drew fierce wings on my eyes.

Slipping on extremely high heels, I walked down the stairs with my parents waiting for me. Guess they were willing to come back because of a paramount engagement rather than their drowning daughter.

We got into the limousine waiting for us at the door and we started on the journey. When we arrived at Hollane View Hotel, my father ironed out the creases on his tie holding his hands up for my mother to hold on to. Such a loving couple.

We walked towards ballroom 4, the doors had a prominent banner that stood proudly on the marble grounds. I looked at the words in italics, and the photo of Talia and Calum together, both trying their best to put on a fake smile.

I wanted to claw and yank the picture apart.

Especially when I saw Monroe standing there with a conceited smirk on her face. As my parents walked into the ballroom, she inches closer towards my face. "Guess he was neither yours to begin with anyway."