I'm not Disney

Chapter 23

Have you ever feel your face fall and heart drop? Have you ever feel every single inch of your hope crushed into smithereens? Where you feel every part of you dull and all you want to do is to wear sweatpants and cry?

That was exactly how I felt when I saw the name scribbled. 

Luke Hemmings, not Calum Jones.

Perhaps I was too used to him saving and shielding me when I was a damsel in distress. What was I thinking? Obviously he would not save me if he was the one who wrote the report. I sighed and closed the book and walked out of the sick bay.

This was not a Disney film, where the princess and the prince defeats the evil queen and they live happily ever after, where their love was so pure and it always burns passionately.

This was reality, our love was not pure and genuine. It was a clear crystal of deception, where it was just a replication of these fairytales. It all seemed perfect on the outside when it actual fact, everything was paper. The exterior was pristine white but with just a single drop of water and everything disintegrates. 

It was all so vulnerable.

Calum was horror disguised as Prince Charming, and he would not be there to pick up the broken fragments of my heart. I was gullible enough to fall for his charming antics.

I fought back the tears, and tried to force the lump back down my throat, the dismay was overwhelming. This is why you never grow too attach to someone. 

Grow too attached to someone's meaningless veins because when they vanish from your life, it is hard to deal with the void space they had carved in your heart.

It honestly makes me feel like nothing.

I stepped on the empty aisle, and saw Luke standing there waiting for me. I sighed, I was not in the mood to entertain him even though he was my savior. I just nodded my head to show my acknowledgement before continuing with my way.

"It wasn't me!" He calls after me.

"What?" He caught me off guard, I spun around and met his gaze.

"It wasn't me, I didn't save you," he explains slowly. "Calum was the one, he got you out of the crowd then later asked me to carry you to the sick bay. He still loves you Chloe."

"But he was the one who wrote the report," I said dryly. Thinking about who wrote it made me sick. The deep sense of melancholy washed over me and I could feel my heart sink deeper.

"Gosh, you're so dumb Chloe. Monroe set all this up!"

My ears perked, and then it dawned on me. Monroe, she probably hacked into both of their accounts to smother them infront of me to make me lose their trust.

"Where is he?" I demanded.

"On the rooftop."

I sprinted immediately towards the staircase. I flew up the flight of steps, I had to catch Calum and set things straight with him. Maybe he was the one.

I pushed open the rooftop door and saw Calum, his brown hair shimmering under the radiant sun, I walked slowly towards him, my heart filled with anticipation. 

Then I saw her, my favorite scriptwriter. What was he doing with her?

I watched the way his back tensed and the way he clenched his fist so tightly, he's knuckles were slowly turning white. I approached those two slowly, trying to capture their conversation.

"I love you Calum, more than her. More than anyone will."

Then what came after was something I was not prepared for.

Monroe crashed her lips against Calum's, and she groped his back, making it look as if they were making out. It was another blow to me, this time, it made me feel like burying myself ten feet under.

I felt so stupid and gullible to believe those liars all over again. I wanted to slapped myself awake, there was no way he really loved me when he just made out with Monroe.

Right in front of me.

"What the heck?" I accidentally let those three words slipped out of my mouth.

I see Calum pushed Monroe away quickly and turns to look at me. I met his shocked expression as he tried to grab my hand. "It's not what it looks like!" He quickly explains.

I wanted to believe him so desperately but I did not want to be seen as an idiot. 

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I ran out on him, my hands covering my ears, refusing to take in any more of his honey coated words.

Enough was enough.

I ran down the same flight of stairs and sought refuge in the nearest girls toilet. I rinsed my mouth at the sink, all over again. I felt so dirty. I stared at my pathetic figure in the mirror. Her mouth, that kissed the wrong lips., those lips shared the saliva of another woman, and I felt stained.

I felt robbed of myself, I did not feel guilty about lying to him anymore when he was the one who fed me those lies. I took out my phone and called Talia, praying that she would pick up.

"Hello? Chloe! Where are you? Are you okay? I'm walking around the whole school to find you. \ Where are you." She demanded.

"Third floor, girls toilet."

She hung up and five minutes later she slammed the door open. She looked worried, she shuts the door behind her and locked it.

"Oh my god Chloe, I'm so sorry this happened," she tries to comfort me. I guess it was a natural instinct to cry in her arms. 

Those waterworks finally came, I did not want to hold it back anymore. I was vulnerable, that was the truth. I did not want to go on and pretend I'm strong, as for now.

"There there, it's okay. If you're not his only one, the he's not the one." She tries to convince me, making me wail even louder. This show was staged for the credulous audience, which was me.

• • •

After what seems like an hour of crying and denials and rants. I finally calmed down, I was fortunate that classes were ongoing so no one saw my little "outbreak". Since I had one more period before school ends, I walked out and went down to get to my locker with Talia accompanying me.

The school speaker suddenly boomed, diverting all our attentions towards the impending announcements.

An amicable voice spoke through it, "Dear students of Prestige High. This is Calum Jones speaking."

🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟
Authors note: so I redid this chapter because the first one was too sloppy and abrupt, I hope you like this improved version better! If you like it, vote comment and share! Tenks!!! Xoxo