C or A or B cup... What?!

Chapter 2

I stood behind the wall and watched Ashely approach her. I fidgeted and clasped my clammy hands together and breathed a prayer. Whenever they came up with a devious plan against Diane, they often made her a standing joke. 

The girls would either trash her with water balloons, eggs, flour or anything that could stain her clothes along with a string of insults. They would tape the entire process and broadcast it on social media for the world to see. 

"Hey girl!" Ashley's voice echoed. What are you doing here?" 

Diane sighed and shrugged her shoulders, uninterested to entertain her further but Ashely was not taking a no for an answer. 

"Come on Diane. What's there to hide? We're pretty well acquainted aren't we?" Ashley prodded further and reached out to grab her hand. Diane flinched and brushed her hand away. 

I know Ashley hates Diane. She absolutely despises her together with Stacey. They were the only cheerleaders within our group who always talked about her incessantly. Diane was one of the rare scholars who look good, dress well and is a really nice person deep down. 

Diane could get any man she wanted but the only ones she went for were the rich ones. She had to care for her sick mother and her family struggled financially. To Diane, money was the only thing that could solve all her problems- her mother's illness, her rent, her basic necessities. 

They broadcasted the bad but they never published the good. 

I sighed and held my breath. Nothing good was ever going to come from this. Diane never deserved any of this, but despite the power I had to stop this. I never made the right decision out of fear of losing my status and to be left out. 

"Chloe!"

I turned and saw the girls walking towards me. "Take her to the mall, I'll text you the rest of the details," Talia instructed. I nodded my head and headed towards the pair. My heartbeat accelerated. With everything happening beyond my knowledge, I could barely predict what was going to happen. 

With a shaky breath, I forced out a smile. "Oh hey Ashley! What are you doing here?" I asked as I unlocked the door. "I needed Diane's advice on fashion, we're actually headed to the mall right now. Wanna join?" 

Diane looked at me warily. "Uhm, since you've Ashley I guess you don't need me?" She breathed. 

Ashley rolled her eyes and tugged Diane into my car. "Don't be silly, the more the merrier come on!" 

  • • •  

I drove towards Karla Mall, the biggest mall in our estate. It was the only mall that had everything such as a Karoke center, ice skating rink, hair salons, cinemas, arcades etc. For today, the agenda to the mall was for an apparent fashion 'dilemma' I was in. 

The three of us headed towards the hair salon and I gestured towards the different hair colours. "So Diane, I'm trying for something new and I was wondering brown with caramel highlights or just full-head black?" 

Diane studied the colours closely. "I think brown with caramel highlights would look really good on you. It brings out a different you." 

Ashley scoffed. "Really? I think she should stink to blonde. Just stay blonde Chloe, why try to be someone you're not?" 

I flinched slightly. I forced out another smile and chuckled. Little did she know all these while I was trying to be someone I was not. I was so afraid of losing my sense of belonging, I pushed pass my conscience and went along with the different pranks and stunts they pulled. 

Little did any of them know, how my soul slowly withered with time as their victims pleads flooded my mind. 

I simply shrugged and brushed Ashley off. Summer break was the only opportunity to make myself a human rather than a wooden puppet. "Brown hair with caramel highlights it is then! Thanks Diane!" 

After I did my hair, we spent the next hour wandering from shop to shop and trying out different combinations of outfit we thought were cute. For the first time in years, I could breathe. No snark remarks were passed, no mocking or taunting. It was just three girls at a mall, having a time of their lives building a stronger connection. 

But all good things must come to an end when I felt my phone vibrated in my pocket. It was a message from Talia directing me to Forever 21. 

Talia🙆🏻💗:  WE'RE GIVING HER A MAKEOVER, FOREVER 21 ASAP

That was a pretty innocent gesture. 

"Hey Diane, let's head to Forever 21! The girls and I are going to give you a make over!" I chirped excitedly. Diane stared at us, clearly taken aback. Her eyes brimmed with gratitude as she held on to my finger tightly. She passed us a tight smile and followed us. 

We waited at Forever 21 for Talia and the rest to get here and when they arrived, they grabbed Diane's arms gently. They don their kindest looks and chirped happily, "Come with us! We've made an appointment for you already!"

Our heels clacked against the silent floors of the medical floor, as we slowly approached a glass door with white printings "Breast implants center." My head shot up and my eyes widened, clearly amused.

"Honey, here's a friendly advice, Luke likes girls with big breast, this will help you a lot! Have fun!" Talia gave her a hug and blew her a kiss. Diane, stood there, eyes widen in embarrassment as she buried her face in her hands and quietly stepped into the clinic with Monroe for company. 

The rest of us tried our very best to hold back out laughter until we reached the elevator. We burst out laughing and made our way to Starbucks and waited for Monroe's text about the whole session.

Monroe💖:Girls she actually chose a C Cup!! I'm speechless!

Talia🙆🏻💗:Omg that shameless girl, it's okay, that's what Luke wants anyway. HAHAHAHA

The rest of us looked at each other, stunned. I thought, we thought Diane would preserve her last shred of dignity and walk out of the centre but she took this as an opportunity to enhance herself. A part of me sank as I watched Stacey text the entire school in a frenzied hurry. 

What was so alluring about Luke that she was willing to throw her pride away for him? They money was good but she knew better that boys like him never stayed with a girl for more than a night. 

I drew small circles around the table deep in thought. Today, down to the very last second, would be the day I closed this chapter. Away from the red lipstick, caked foundation, shimmering highlights and pretentious outfits. 

2359- it would not matter which cup Diane chose or which boy had just moved in. It would not matter because this was never my scene. 

I slowly peeled my skin away and teared away from the vicious sight staring in the mirror. Her words which dripped with malice shall evaporate and the icy blue eyes shall melt into earth. Her fiery ambience shall be extinguished and what was left shall be the greens that spoke love into others. 

2359- all of it shall changed. The girls would never care but I knew Talia was different. I looked over at her, her hair tucked behind her ears, her eyes watching the town go by. I gripped onto the steering wheel tightly and clenched my teeth. 

The truth would devastate her but secrets would scream murder. 

🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟
Authors note: well so Chloe has a secret! What is it? Hope you like this chapter!! Vote comment share! Tenks!! Xoxo