Kitty kitty meow meow

Chapter 23

"Dear students of Prestige High, this is Calum Jones speaking." My heart froze, what was he going to do now? Add on more lies and rumours to the list? I felt those tears rushing into my eyes again, but I wiped them away hastily.

He was not going to break me down, never in a million years ever.

I carried on walking with Talia, I rather keep my straight As then get my heart tangled in this blob of mess again. It was enough for my poor heart that was toss around.

"As all of you have read this morning's newsletter, I've brought to you exclusive evidence on behind the scenes. Enjoy." He continued, I walked faster, not daring to look up but I could not resist the temptation.

I stopped walking, I had to listen what other evidences he had to continue defaming me. Monroe was standing right infront of me, with a sinister glint in her eyes daring me to challenger her.

The way her thin lips pulled to a venomous smirk, I could feel the way it pierced through my flesh and crushed my bones under the weight of her glare. It feels like the earth has flipped me over, pressing me down, forcing me on my knees.

But being the major wuss I was, I turned my back on her, refusing to meet her eyes. Refusing to look at her nocuous glare that poisoned the blood running through my empty veins.

"Well, well. Do you think you can actually oppose me? Everyone believes what the newsletter says, all those stupid students." He played a recording of what seems like his and Monroe's conversation.

"All I needed was a marvelous hacker and write a report under your names and whose fault would it be? All of yours! Our school is too dumb to actually know that I lied about it."

"Why would you do this to her?" I could hear Calum's voice that trembled with emotions.

"It's because she's too perfect. Popular, smart, rich and pretty. She has everything I want and that is you. So I made her life a walking hell."

The recording stopped.

So this was the actual story, I felt myself seeping with anger as I turned to face Monroe's astonished expression. How dare she? I took a intimidating step towards her, I could feel my inner growl. I really wanted to punch her in the nose, get a new nose job.

I clenched my fist, I was ready to vent all the anger, hurt and how indignant I felt when they humiliated me. I was ready to get it all out of my weeping heart. It's alright if i ruined my perfect record, all I need was to get my parents to donate some facilities to the school and I can get away scot free.

"How dare you," I growled.

"Do you actually think we're stupid?" There were other students hollering and shouting right at her. They were all advancing towards her, each and every one of them. I could see the fear etched in her eyes as those cold beads of sweat trickled down her face.

She was a kitten impersonating a tigress. Pretending to be the tough mean girl in our school, when she could not even defend herself.

I took a step back and calmed myself down, no way I was going to dirty my hands and touch that cheap stuff. The other student body could take care of her.

Right now, I just wanted to find Calum. I wanted to run after him, and scream at him for being such a pain in the ass, causing me so much misery. He had mended all the broken pieces of my heart, he had stitched it all back together. He had cleansed my maligned bones and return me my truth.

He still loves me. Luke was right!

"Hey buttercup," it was the voice, it was the voice of that beguiling man that caught my heart in a twist, that was able to cause me immense sadness or intense joy. I whirled around and our eyes locked.

His hazel brown eyes, this time they were screaming for me, they were looking for me. They were looking at me.

"I'm sorry she did all these to you."

I shook my head and walked towards him slowly, I stroke his face gently. He gives me his iconic boyish grin, that adorable grin that made me fall deeper every single time.

I tiptoed and kissed him, to claim he back. To fill up that void space that he had carved in my heart, to sufficient all the time my lips had craved for his sweet kisses.

Our love wasn't a clear crystal of deception. It was a blanket of misunderstandings and the times we barred ourself from meeting each other's enchanting gaze.

The both of us had forbidden our love to coalesce, so as to reduce the scars that had been left on our body, our soul. It was to stop the cold reminder of how it feels like to be crippled and feel desolated.

When we pulled out lips away from each other, he breathes heavily. "I've always wanted to give you this."

He hands me a balloon, a blue balloon and a needle.

"Pop it."

I flinched as I held the needle and forces it through the soft skin of the balloon, and what flew out of it was something unimaginable.

Calum picks up the small object and got down on his knees, with many students watching and silently commenting to themselves.

"Chloe Alexia Reyes, you've taught me what it's like to forgive, and you've showed me what it's like to broaden my vision. You're the girl that had stolen my heart, but I'll leave it to you for safekeeping. You're truly special and even though things had happened between us. I hope it doesn't tear us apart again. I promise you, I promise you that I'll brave the storms and tornadoes with you, I promise that I will always love you the way you are. It's alright that you're a cheerleader. It's perfectly fine that you don't have brunette hair, you're forever be the same Alexia or Chloe in my heart. Will you be my girlfriend?"

He finished his long and mushy speech, he takes in a deep breath and his brown eyes bore right into mine. I nodded my head excitedly and he slips the tiny promise ring up my slender finger. He then whispers something in my ear.

"Don't be late!" He winks before rushing to class.

Guess I'll be skipping school on Friday...

🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟
Authors note: hey hey hey:-) so they patched!! WOOO but will this be the end??? And yes they're going on another date! If you like this chapter. Vote, comment, share! Tenks! Xoxo