Ambience

Chapter 24

Friday. Calum said he wanted to bring me somewhere and all I needed to bring was my DSLR camera and he promised me to bring his Harley-Davidson along. He reads me too well...

I sat on the gravel pavement outside of my white misty gate. I was dressed in a simple white top with a leather jacket over it and simple ripped jeans.

Yes I have a weird obsession for ripped jeans, yes I like to have holes in my pants that are held together by the frayed ends of the thread because I like to think that I'm too poor to purchase the remaining cloth to patch the holes. Yes get over yourself.

I heard the loud engine roar of his motorcycle. I got up and swiped off the dirt on my outfit as he stopped infront of me. Instead of greeting Calum, I knelt down and stroked the metallic body of the bike.

What can I say? I had missed that baby over the summer.

"Seriously Chloe? The least you could do is to give me a hug, not caress my bike lovingly!" Calum cried out exasperated.

I chuckled. "Jealous aren't we?" I said as I pulled him in for a kiss.

He hands me my black leather gloves and helmet. "Colton Convection Centre." I nodded my head in acknowledgment and got the monster started. It was time to unleash the beast inside of me.

• • •

I pulled the motorcycle onto the narrow parking lot and got off it. I removed my helmet and looked at the complex architecture that towered over me. I looked at the way the tinted glass were scattered all over the building and the mirrors that held on to the fragile sign.

Fragile, just like how I actually feel.

"What are we doing?"

"We're taking part in a photography competition. Room 12 princess now chop chop." He elaborated as he pushed me towards the hungry turning doors.

We stepped into the silent room, and I could feel a hundred pair of eyes staring at us. The host had also stopped talking and he raised an eyebrow at us.

"Sorry we're late, candidate 12 and 13." Calum apologizes and nudges me to sit in the first row. I walked awkwardly towards the empty chairs embarrassed that I was late. The host nods his head at us and continued with his speech.

"As I was saying, the first part of the competition, you are to take pictures within the vicinity, minimum two. You are to come back by 12 and for the second part of the competition, you are allowed to go anywhere you wish to to take your pictures, you have to come back by 4. You are to compile ur pictures and transfer it to the computer given to you later. You are to elaborate on your pictures with a short essay" He stops before taking a deep breath.

"What's the theme?" One of the competitors enquired.

"Thief."

• • •

Calum and I strolled around the building, marking out its structure, and observing the way it was built so delicately. The unique way the glass chips were put together to form the structure.

"What am I suppose to do?" I asks, realizing that I had no experience with photo taking. The reason why I owned a DSLR was because I had bought it on impulse.