Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I knocked on the door hoping it was the right house. I haven't been here since I was thirteen. God it doesn't seem like anything changed here.

"Daniél, thank god." said a voice I missed. She pulled me into a tight hug. Her warmth surrounded me. Her sent filled my nostrils. She smelt like cotton candy, like always. I smiled at the fond memories. "Come inside. I've missed you. Look at you, all grown up. Last time I saw you, you were setting of on your journey of becoming a singer and dancer." she said. Her vibrant green eyes filled with tears and rolled down her ghost white skin. Her bright red hair, curled, fell down to her shoulders from her high ponytail. She still looked young and beautiful. She never changed at all.

"What makes you think I never missed you?" I say causing her to smile wide. She wrapped her hands around mine and pulled me inside. Not much changed. She pulled me into another tight hug. She knew how I felt. She knew what had happened to me. The police told her everything. I'm not an adult yet and she was my mom.

"Come, I'll show you your room." she said climbing the stairs. I followed behind her. She took me up four more flights of stairs. Does the elevator not work any more? Oh well, I had fun racing my mom to the top. She took me to the end of the massive hall. "Hope you don't mind, I left it the same the day you left." she said as I walked in. It was still dark death purple with a little bits of silver, lavender, and whites here and there. I miss living with my mom. She always makes the pain go away physically, mentally, and emotionally.

"Thanks, Mom." I say to her with a smile. She leaves and I start to unpack. I pulled out my clothes and tucked them away. I left my pictures and other stuff in the boxes and headed back down stairs.

"Daniél!" yelled a males voice, causing me to jump. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me of the ground and spinning us. "I missed you. How are you?" he asked. I turn around to be greated by his worried coal gray eyes. His arms still wrapped around me, his eyes were to filled with pain and sadness. Tears swelled up in his eyes, but he fought them off.

"I'm ok." I say a little sad that he was going to cry over Tami. "You're so strong. You can actually cry, I cannot." I hug him tightly as he laughed.

"Your mom's making coffee." he said breaking the hug. He took hold of my hand, it fit perfectly into his tan hand. We walked to the kitchen as my mom placed our mugs onto the counter. I took mine and took little sips from it.

"Dani, I hate doing this to you but I'm sending you back to school on Monday. As to you, Mason, the same rules apply. You know the building better than Dani." my mom said.

We both nodded and drank the last of our coffees then headed back to our rooms. I unpacked the boxes with pictures and drawings Aaron and Tami had created. When I brought out these two pictures, I began to cry. The pain took over once again. One was a picture of Tami, Mason, and me. Tami and I were on either sides of Mason kissing his cheeks while he did this stupid, but cute, smile. The other was a picture of Aaron and me. We both were laughing like retards while she was giving me a piggy back ride. I miss them so much. This is all my fault.