Chapter 23

Chapter 23

     "He has to."

     I slammed my lips on his. For a split second I could feel him wanting to kiss back, next I was being pushed away. He stared down at me. His eyes were a clouded black.

     The dagger started to move fast towards Mason's heart. No, he couldn't. I can't loose another person I love.

     "MASON!" I scream. He jolts awake, sees the dagger and moves out of the way. He tries to move away from the bed but falls to the ground. He started to act out an invisible box. His face was panicked. Wait, he wasn't acting out, he was in an invisible box.

     "He won't be able to escape, love." I looked up at Tristan, a smile spread across his face. A killer's smile.

     I slowly rise to my feet and act as if I was hurt. Tristan didn't move a mussel. Without another thought, I quickly ran and jumped Tristan. We fell to the floor, me on top. I struggled to grasp for his dog tag. He ended up flipping us so that he was on top and I was pinned to the floor.

     "Now you just made me want to kill him more."

     "Go ahead, Tristan, I dare you to kill him. Have fun killing me also since you really don't care. Either way I'm gonna die, from your hands or mine once you kill Mason. Why not have fun!" I yell, getting annoyed. Tristan's grip on my wrist loosen, his eyes grew soft.

     "Dani, you know I wouldn't hurt you. Not on purpose."

     "Too bad I don't believe you, Tristan. You killed my daughter, you killed my sister, you bit me, and now you want to kill my best friend. I can't trust you anymore, I just can't." I said.

     "Please, Dani, you have to believe me. We were running low on blood, I gave mine up to Ellana. She needed the blood, she...she's ill. I needed you, I need you, Dani. I can't loose you."

     "Tristan, if you just bumped into me or something else that didn't involve killing, I would have ran after you or known you were mine."

     "Dani, you don't deserve me, you deserve better." Pain took over his eyes. He couldn't.

     "Tristan, don't do this. You can't do this to me."

     "Dani, I...I...I'm—"

     "You're not letting her go. You are not gonna abandon my friend. Don't do this, Tristan. I know you love her, don't do it." Mason stood a foot away from us dagger in hand.

     "Dani, I set Mason free. I don't want to hurt you any more. I love you too much to. I'm sorry for all the pain I caused you, I'm so sorry."

     "I forgive you, Tristan. I do. I can—"

     "Look." We look down at our necklaces. They were entwined with each other, glowing a soft blueish-purple. "Why does that mean?"

     "It means that we're one, we're complete. I'm yours and you're mine."

     His face inched closer to mine. Soon we were lost in a passionate kiss. Lost in our little world.

                     •°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•