Chapter Five

Dianne couldn’t help but smile, as she watched how her family interacts with Adrian. Both her aunt and grandmother were so attentive to Adrian. Her uncle, on the other hand, kept on acting tough and strict. And then there’s Olivia who kept on teasing on her and Adrian. Truth to be told, Dianne was happy that her family liked Adrian.

            “Why aren’t eating anything?” Adrian asked her. “Here, try this. It’s really good.” He said as he placed some food on Dianne’s plate. “I don’t know what your family likes, so I brought this much. I’m sorry.”

            “Why are you apologizing? My family is enjoying, and as long as they’re happy, I’m happy.” Dianne said as she looked at her family and then at Adrian.

            “So right now, I’m making you happy. Sounds nice…I hope that I can always make you happy.” Adrian said with a smile and seeing that wonderful smile made Dianne blush a bit. “I told you right; I would do everything to hear your love confession again.” Adrian added in a whisper.

            Dianne choked on her food after hearing what Adrian said. She couldn’t believe how easily he could say such things. “Are you alright?!” Adrian asked attentively. He immediately handed Dianne a glass of water. “Here drink this.” Dianne took the glass of water and drank it all. “Are you alright now?”

            “Thanks, I’m fine now.” She said. Adrian looked so worried, and Dianne felt good having Adrian worry about her.

            “You should be careful…” Adrian said, sounding very worried.

            “Whose fault do you think it was?” Dianne replied. She blushed as she remembered how Adrian’s whisper made her fell. When he whispered to her, Dianne felt electricity throughout her body.

            “Adrian, you work at the Lovell Crown Mall, right. Have you met the Lovells? Our Dianne had been working there for years, but she never met them yet.” Grandma Deborah suddenly asked. Dianne became curious as to why her grandmother became suddenly interested with the Lovells.

            “Ma…” Uncle Byron said. He sounded a bit worried.

            “Well, yes. I’ve met them several times…” Adrian replied.

            “How are they?” Grandma Deborah asked. “Pardon my curiosity, it’s just that they’re very famous and I really just want to know how people like that are.” She said. Dianne doubted her Grandma’s reason. Grandma Deborah had never been once curious about rich families.

            “Well, I don’t know about everyone else, but Chairman Armando and his youngest grandson are very close. They’re both healthy and energetic. Chairman Armando might be strict, but he could never say no to Xavier. Well, it’s not surprising since Xavier is irresistibly cute.” Adrian said fondly. He sounded like a father describing his beloved son.

            “That’s good to hear…” Grandma Deborah. “He sounds healthy….” Grandma Deborah sounded very relieved, although Dianne had no idea why she was so happy to hear that Xavier Lovell was doing fine.

            “So, your little brother Xavier is a Lovell, huh…” Dianne whispered to Adrian’s ears. She wasn’t angry at Adrian for not telling her that Xavier is a Lovell, she was merely surprised.

            “Sorry… Are you angry?” Adrian whispered to her apologetically.

            “No. I’m just a bit surprised. But, now that I know that he is a Lovell, I’m not sure about meeting him…” She said. Having one rich person in her life was enough for Dianne. Adrian was enough. She wasn’t sure if she could handle meeting another one.